Author Topic: A few seat questions...  (Read 5017 times)

ADB

• Scooter
on: June 15, 2012, 03:23:57 am
So, I've had my c5 for about 3 weeks now, and loving it: almost 800 miles on the clock, zero problems with the bike and loving it.
Anyway, I'm curious about a few seat options:
1) Does anyone know where I can get a second seat that looks like the one in the links below?? My wife wants to get in on the fun of the RE, but the only second seat options in my dealer's catalog are the old school one that appears to mount to the frame of the rear fender, and i'm not even sure would fit on my bike, or the stick-on-the-fender-pad option, that I'm not too keen on.
http://www.autotantra.com/img/re-classic-500-01.jpg
http://3-photos2.ebizautos.com/used-2012-royal_enfield-bullet_c5_classic_special-newc5special-847-8471154-3-640.jpg
http://cdn-3.psndealer.com/e2/dealersite/images/NewVehicles/nv138582_1_400.jpg
It appears to mount to the shocks and under the solo seat and floats over the fender, but my dealer and I could not find it in the parts catalog, but because I was able to find it on a bunch of different bikes in a quick google search, it seems like it must be pretty readily available from somewhere. (Dealer thought he might have last years' catalog, so maybe that's the problem?)
2) Has anyone tried the Deluxe solo seat from Nfield? I'm looking for a more comfortable option than the stock seat, (if i'm on the bike for more than 30 minutes, back starts to get sore over the bumps) but the pictures in the catalog seem to be of different seats, and i'm curious whether the Delux is really any different than the stock seat.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Adam.

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 03:33:12 am
Your dealer should know that is the factory pillion seat for the C5. I believe it's actually a dealer only item and that is why you don't see it in the catalog. The factory upswept silencer is the same.

Eamon
Eamon

hillntx

• Shriner Bulleteer
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2011 G5 Classic, 2004 Sixty-5, 2010 C5 Classic
Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 04:46:54 am
If your dealer can't find it, I'm sure mine can:  Royal Enfield of Fort Worth 888-415-8986, or you can try calling Nfield Gear direct and order through them.

FiRE Comms

• Bulleteer
  • '11 C5
Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 06:33:05 am
that is a dealer only item, but nfield should at least be able to point you/ your dealer in the right direction...
Chris

hillntx

• Shriner Bulleteer
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2011 G5 Classic, 2004 Sixty-5, 2010 C5 Classic
Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 01:46:42 pm
Isn't CMW the parent company of Nfield Gear and the only US distributor for the bikes and dealer only parts?

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 G5 Classic, F&%king Stolen
Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 04:03:44 pm
  I ordered the Deluxe Solo Seat for my G5 from my dealer over a month and a half ago. I'm beginning to wonder if the seat even exists and if NFIELD GEAR even has anything on their shelves. IMHO that is pitiful and no way to run a business .
I would much rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow    Jack

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 05:27:06 pm
Hitchcocks in UK have some good looking seats - I'm seriously tempted myself by the studded solo saddle -
http://www.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/accessory-frame-seats
I appreciate it may be prohibitive to order from the USA. Have you also had a look at Royal Spares in India -
http://royalspares.com/
often cheap and usually quick delivery.
2009 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 05:54:35 pm
Isn't CMW the parent company of Nfield Gear and the only US distributor for the bikes and dealer only parts?

Yes. The difference between the two is that NField Gear is supposed to sell non-factory accessory parts only. CMW is supposed to sell factory parts and accessories through dealers only.
However, it doesn't always work that way much to the consternation of the dealers. This is why dealers are somewhat reluctant to carry accessories because they feel they have to compete with NField Gear.
As far as having stuff in stock goes, that seems to be a current worldwide problem with most manufacturers currently. They simply aren't shipping goods in a timely manner.
I don't know why.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

The_Rigger

• Grease Monkey
  • Mom Always Liked You Better...
Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 08:33:01 pm
I appreciate it may be prohibitive to order from the USA.

Perhaps, but I'll bet you dollars to donuts Hitchcock's will at least have the desired item in stock and available for purchase, unlike Nfield Gear...
-Dave
2012 C5 Special
Central Michigan, USA (when I'm not working somewhere else)

ADB

• Scooter
Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 09:18:33 pm
Yeah, Hitchcock has the pillon seat and looks like it's in stock, but I was assuming it would be cheaper & faster if i didnt have to have it shipped over seas..but i guess maybe that's not the case.
(and i live in Wisconsin, so if it came from Nfield, it would only be coming from Minnesota).

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 G5 Classic, F&%king Stolen
Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 09:39:43 pm
The_Rigger, +1 !
I would much rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow    Jack

Tri750

• Big Al
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #11 on: June 16, 2012, 03:29:59 am
We at RE of Fresno have I think, 3 of the factory pillion seats in stock. What color is your bike? The main frame of the pillion seat comes color matched is why I ask. You can also do the Corbin bench seat as well.
Let me know if I can help. 559-292-2269 Al
Current bikes:
'71 BMW R75/5 racer
'73 Kaw Z1 racer
'77 Tri 750 Bonneville
'99 BMW R1100RT

The_Rigger

• Grease Monkey
  • Mom Always Liked You Better...
Reply #12 on: June 17, 2012, 12:47:20 am
(and i live in Wisconsin, so if it came from Nfield, it would only be coming from Minnesota)

That's assuming it's in stock, which as we have seen lately, is far, far indeed from a Sure Thing...  It may well get to you faster from Auld Blighty than from Minne-snow-ta.
-Dave
2012 C5 Special
Central Michigan, USA (when I'm not working somewhere else)

Desi Bike

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: June 17, 2012, 01:51:18 am
Call up Ken at uralontario (google it) he its also an Enfield dealer (one of the best in Canada) he has that seat in stock and will ship it to you. Actually I can cross the border with it and ship from the USA with it if you desire.
میں نہیں چاہتا کہ ایک اچار
میں صرف اپنی موٹر سائیکل پر سوار کرنا چاہتے ہیں

hortoncode3

• Grease Monkey
Reply #14 on: June 17, 2012, 12:34:02 pm
What ever you order, make sure it comes with installation instructions. I got a sprung seat for my G-5, not withstanding I hated the way it looked and sold it without riding one foot, it came with nothing for instructions.