Author Topic: Total Newbie With Some Questions  (Read 7330 times)

Bock

• Scooter
Reply #30 on: July 17, 2012, 05:20:44 am
Thanks for the advice everybody. I just have two more questions.

1. Is there anybody in Illinois on the forum that has a recommendation for dealers? I know there is a tool on the website that locates them for me, but that doesn't say anything about service, or selection.

2. Is the red/chrome more fire engine red or dark red/maroon. Different pictures make it look like different shades of red. I seriously can't decide if I like black and chrome or red and chrome better. Although I know if I go with the special, it will make my decision easier, since as I understand it, red/chrome is not an option on that model.

Thanks

-Dan

McDude, did you end up getting a RE?  I'm looking for my first bike and curious who you went with?  I live in central IL and noticed there are 3 dealers in this state.  Curious on your experience.

FiRE Comms

• Bulleteer
  • '11 C5
Reply #31 on: July 17, 2012, 07:20:57 am
It's a dark maroon, not BRT red...
Chris

McDude

• Scooter
Reply #32 on: July 17, 2012, 08:08:44 pm
I haven't got one yet.  :(

I'm in the middle of movin out on my own right now and still waiting to get an interview for some RN positions I applied for. Its gonna be a little bit before I can get my bike. It will happen before the world ends though. Lol.

I just finished my motorcycle class through the local community college and will have my license in the next week. I missed none on the written portion and only lost points on the riding test because my stopping distance was 2 feet longer than it was supposed to be. I don't think they took into account that it was raining though...

Let me know what you find out about dealerships though. I'd really like to know about your experience with dealing with them.

By the way, what part of central Illinois are you from?

Bock

• Scooter
Reply #33 on: July 18, 2012, 05:06:03 am
Took my safety course and just got my endorsement over the weekend.  I'm heading to the DMV tomorrow to put that "M" on my license.

Funny what you said about your experience.  I also got a 100% on the written, but dinged a point for the emergency breaking.

I'm from the Bloomington area.

I've been selling whatever I can on Craig's List to try and make some cash so I can buy a RE.  I'm not sure how long it will be.  Sounds like we are in the same boat!

I have 2 kids and 1 on the way, so money is pretty tight.  My motorcycle fund each month isn't that high.  We'll see what happens.