Author Topic: A C5 to Fury conversion, and test dummy for some parts  (Read 5807 times)

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 08:10:45 pm
While you are at it, you may want to send your engine head to Ace for some work. If you lookup his posts you will see (and he explains it better) that the exhaust port is too constricted and opening it up will improve performance of the engine. He is still testing (on the bench) the prototype. That, and a non restrictive exhaust will speed up the bullet...

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #16 on: July 13, 2013, 12:37:52 pm
Catching up on the "archives"...  What happened to this project?!?  I gotta know!

Bulletman

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 - C5 Classic Black
Reply #17 on: July 13, 2013, 07:48:42 pm
 ;)
Doing the same thing here Mattz, would live to know what happened to the project.....hopefully we can revive this...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 11:38:40 pm by Bulletman »
"A Blast from my Past"
Black C5 2011

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #18 on: July 13, 2013, 09:27:40 pm
Well, in March of this year agram was talking about installing a kick starter in his bike, so I guess the "Fury conversion" was a non-starter, if you'll pardon the pun...

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,15971.msg172896.html#msg172896

He only has 19 posts, so it wasn't hard to look through them and see that he made no further mention of the project.  All those parts ordered, too...  :(

Bulletman

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 - C5 Classic Black
Reply #19 on: July 13, 2013, 11:42:32 pm
Well, in March of this year agram was talking about installing a kick starter in his bike, so I guess the "Fury conversion" was a non-starter, if you'll pardon the pun...

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,15971.msg172896.html#msg172896

He only has 19 posts, so it wasn't hard to look through them and see that he made no further mention of the project.  All those parts ordered, too...  :(
Aaah... Got it Mattsz..
"A Blast from my Past"
Black C5 2011

agram

• Scooter
Reply #20 on: July 14, 2013, 04:45:28 am
Oh. I forgot about this topic and finished it. Relatively so, anyway! Projects are never quite finished, eh?

The engine is now a 535, which I completely rebuilt after the main gearshaft broke while I was replacing the sprag. Ditched the fuel injection, and uses an Amal carb and different valves. With that and a rather lot of weight saved (alloy guards, much heavy tinware gone etc) she goes like a rocket. Compared to a stock UCE bike it's like night and day. Handles great with Hagons and a 19 inch front.

It's far from a replica, more a nod in the general direction of Enfield's 50's scramblers.

It still has a large to-do list, but they're just small things.

She's off the road for electrical reasons right now + waiting for replacement bits to restock. I'll pop the tank and seat back on later today or tomorrow to get some better shots, as all I have on my phone are blury and of bad angles.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #21 on: July 14, 2013, 01:22:24 pm
Agram - didn't mean to roust you, but it just seemed so darned intriguing!  Did you change out all those parts, like the headlight nacelle, etc?  Some pics would be cool, but don't worry about it!

ps: "blury and bad angles" is going to be the name of my next country album - my George Jones album, though, not my Toby Keith album...  ;)