Author Topic: MPG difference between C-5 classic and Limited editions chrome  (Read 5620 times)

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
77.3 mpg (us gallons) on my '12 C5 Special...

any blueness on your exhaust ?
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

The_Rigger

• Grease Monkey
  • Mom Always Liked You Better...
any blueness on your exhaust ?
Nope...  Not that I can see, anyway.  Maybe under the heat shield, but certainly not up on the head pipe, where I'd expect to see it first.
-Dave
2012 C5 Special
Central Michigan, USA (when I'm not working somewhere else)

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
yep, keeping it off the freeway, and below 55 will protect your exhaust chrome and fuel economy.
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

bman734

• Grease Monkey
  • If it smells nasty, don't eat it
I have been getting a consistent 78 mpg US since I puchased the bike. I have a 2011 C5. On my last fill up I had an astonishing 79.5 mpg. This was done riding a local road where I can stay in 5th going around 43 mph according to the speedo with very few lights. I'm also a very conservative rider so that could be a big factor as well. There is no doubt in my mind that these bikes get great gas mileage.
Royal Enfield C5 Military
Suzuki SP370
Honda CX650
Yamaha XS650

The_Rigger

• Grease Monkey
  • Mom Always Liked You Better...
yep, keeping it off the freeway, and below 55 will protect your exhaust chrome and fuel economy.

Ah, well... There are only a hair over 200 miles on the clock, as of this morning's breakfast ride, so I'm not going over 40mph for the time being, let alone 55.

Another 800 miles from now, and we'll see what we shall see.  But this feels like just the sort of machine that you want to ride slow and sedate...  Like it's pointless to try "flexing muscle" in traffic on a one-lung half-litre bike with barely 20 horses, so why bother? Just enjoy the ride. Feels that way to me, anyway. I guess I'm the Evil Anti-Hooligan.

(...on the bike. in the car's another tale altogether)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 01:25:45 am by The_Rigger »
-Dave
2012 C5 Special
Central Michigan, USA (when I'm not working somewhere else)