Author Topic: Flying (hanging) Flea  (Read 1504 times)

Desi Bike

• Grand Gearhead
on: June 25, 2013, 02:53:54 am
I was out camping the other day in Southern Ontario and came across this Flea hanging from the rafters at an antique store.
Looks to be missing some farkles like foot pegs, but dig the ummm rustic kicker. Price is a bit steep for me, but it appears to be earlier than 1948. He has no papers for it, nor was I able to get any numbers from it to figure out the correct age. It doesn't have the expansion style primary exhaust out, but does have the hand shift and girder fork, could be former military or very early civilian (46-47) model. Without seeing the numbers, and missing the foot pegs (folding on military) its hard to say. The seat is saying civilian as does the canister placement.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 03:39:35 am by Desi Bike »
میں نہیں چاہتا کہ ایک اچار
میں صرف اپنی موٹر سائیکل پر سوار کرنا چاہتے ہیں

Desi Bike

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 03:00:47 am
The license plate is dated 1952, and the tires are falling apart with rubber. Here's the other side. Sorry about the huge file sizes, i can not down size right now with the phone cam.

میں نہیں چاہتا کہ ایک اچار
میں صرف اپنی موٹر سائیکل پر سوار کرنا چاہتے ہیں

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 06:15:50 am
In the book "ROYAL ENFIELD-BY MILES THE BEST the photos of the Military Flea, 1939-1945 show the small round circular tank badge with "RE" in it like the tank badges on the bike in your photos.

The 1946 Model RE and later all have a winglike emblem on the sides of their tanks.  These later emblems aren't even close to the ones in your picture.

Looks like you found a war relic. :)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 06:17:53 am by Arizoni »
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 10:06:28 pm
Woooooo!  That's an oldie!  If I owned that bike I think I'd have a hard time restoring it.  It looks pretty nostalgic, that would be a fun one to get running and ride it just how it looks.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King