Author Topic: Hagon Shocks: Mini Review  (Read 39754 times)

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #60 on: February 16, 2013, 05:10:45 pm
Good find Craig - decent shocks for 1/2 price.  New?  Used?  What brand?  An ebay store-front, or a one-off seller?  How did you know what the correct springs were?  How did you know that they would be better than our stockers?  Ok, maybe that last one is a no-brainer...  ;)

I don't know how to answer those questions, so the recommendations here and having the experts guide me toward what would work, with free exchange of parts in case the first choice isn't right, made it well worth every penny for me.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #61 on: February 16, 2013, 05:25:04 pm
The Hagons would be my choice every time fir quality and customer service but it's nice to have a less expensive alternative. 

Scott

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
Reply #62 on: February 16, 2013, 06:11:56 pm
Yeah Matt, I like em alot. I'm not knocking Hagons, I just can't pay out that amount. These I bought brand new, they came with several bushings in different sizes, & an adjusting wrench. these have 220 pound springs-which suits my weight range, & are the correct 12.5" long. I bought them from: MotorcyclesoulutionsLLC.com  phone#(419)-720-4313, I spoke with John.  These are very similar to shocks made back in the golden age of British Motorcycling & have not dissapointed me in any way.  If I wasn't on old time rider, I probably wouldn't have known I'd be happy with an inexpensive plain oil filled shock. What I can't understand is why the factory puts on a more expensive shock, that doesn't perform as well. Ironically, I believe these have the same trademark as the stock items-but work WAY better.
Best Wishes, Craig McClure

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #63 on: April 25, 2013, 10:43:46 pm
Was wondering if a pair of 65 shocks would be a good alternative at $139.00

http://nfieldgear.com/enfield-store/sixty-5-variable-rate-shocks.html
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #64 on: April 25, 2013, 10:57:03 pm
I'm not sure what length they are, may be different.  Might be better than stock but for another $60 you could get the Hagons.  I'd say wait a little longer and save a little more.

Scott