Author Topic: my box of spares  (Read 1934 times)

fzr400

• Scooter
on: April 28, 2012, 08:58:10 pm
well i got them. i called the dealer on this as others suggested. and he said he'd have to check on it and call me back! well a couple of days went bye and he called and said he has a box for me.  i asked him if its the first hes heard of it. he said some come with them and some dont. ???  he shipped them to me asap. maybe he knew about it and maybe he didnt i will never know.

im happy with my RE spares or no spares ;D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 09:35:43 pm by fzr400 »
current bikes
90 yamaha fzr 400
99 yamaha vmax
04 honda rc51
11 RE B5
all us spec

Moreirdan

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 09:02:31 pm
I got my Enfield the day before yesterday and it had the box of spares too, cables, inner tube, reflectors and a 22/24mm spanner

Triumph Tiger 2010
Royal Enfield Himalayan 2018
Royal Enfield AVL 2009
Royal Enfield Continental GT 2014
Triumph Bonneville 2006

Hobbydad

• aka Mike
  • Bulleteer
  • Your only as old as you feel
Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 09:08:06 pm
Yeah, that looks more like it. The day I got my bike home I confiscated one of my wifes multi-drawer storage bins for the garage. I think it already has something in every drawer.
'11 C5 Military

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 09:10:45 pm
In the old days I used to sometimes find a handmade tool or two loose in a crate. Left by a worker - normally a carpenter type tool as they were left by the guys that built the wooden crates and packed the bike. I kind of miss that, the tools were quite charming normally and quite functional. "Crude but effective" as we used to say in shop class.

I used to hear a lot of "did you ever find a Cobra" jokes and the truth is that we never did. Guess I shouldn't  put that Urban Myth to rest.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Okie Enfield

• Grease Monkey
  • RED 2010 C5
Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 10:11:34 pm
Jealous!  >:(     ........ I gots no spares! nor did i get owners manual.... my replacement upswept pipe(first one disentagrated after installation) is still on backorder, as well as airfilter and apparently oil change filters and o rings. Not to mention the replacement for the airbox lock that vibrated itself into dust is also backordered... me sad..

On the brighter side, duct tape on the airbox does lend a sorta Red Green atmosphere to Allison(my 2010 C5).  ::)

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 10:19:30 pm
Okie, there are the non-locking screw type replacements for the locks if you're sick of waiting.  They're on the NField Gear site.

I've seen a few come out of the crate.  Spares vary. 

Scott.

Okie Enfield

• Grease Monkey
  • RED 2010 C5
Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 10:36:23 pm
Thanks Scotty..might have to go that way..............  :P

fzr400

• Scooter
Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 03:55:01 am
Jealous!  >:(     ........ I gots no spares! nor did i get owners manual.... my replacement upswept pipe(first one disentagrated after installation) is still on backorder, as well as airfilter and apparently oil change filters and o rings. Not to mention the replacement for the airbox lock that vibrated itself into dust is also backordered... me sad..

On the brighter side, duct tape on the airbox does lend a sorta Red Green atmosphere to Allison(my 2010 C5).  ::)

backorder rears its ugly head again.  sorry to hear of your issues.  goes against the "parts and accessories are readily available  thing
current bikes
90 yamaha fzr 400
99 yamaha vmax
04 honda rc51
11 RE B5
all us spec