Author Topic: opposites attract?  (Read 4807 times)

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #15 on: May 03, 2012, 11:43:22 am
Its easy to make your Harley different, just put tassles on the end of the handle bars.

;D
When I got my HD is had leather tassles on the levers,  very chic, and the first thing to go.
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

fzr400

• Scooter
Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 06:04:00 pm
i wasnt comparing bikes. just stating why i liked my bike. ive had 20 or so bikes and have ridden a good 50.  i stating that even though  ive had experience with many other bikes. that the RE B5 still had a place in my stable and liked it enough to buy one brand new.

i like all bikes (except choppers you know the kind. the so called art ones)  i dont walk
into a dealer and pic out the prettiest fastest bike. i bought each of my bikes for its special reason. 

my money is hard to come buy and for me to plunk down msrp for a new bike and be happy about it says alot.

better pr then jay l... who was probally given the bike and its pocket change to him. and to make fun when kevin said it had gas shocks shows he dont know everything!

most bikes in its class and price dont have nitrogen piggy back reservoir shocks.
i wander how many miles jay has put on his new RE?

i know everybody has their own taste and i see alot of people havent had a chance to ride as many bikes has i have and are on the fence about getting bigger more powerfull, state of the art,etc,etc bikes.  my RE is a blast to ride and enjoy it very much ;D
current bikes
90 yamaha fzr 400
99 yamaha vmax
04 honda rc51
11 RE B5
all us spec

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: May 03, 2012, 06:15:09 pm
I would say it's safe to compare Harley's V-Rod to the V-Max, if Harley ever had a hot rod bike, that's it. Alot of Harley riders shun it, won't even consider it's a Harley because of the style.

Not to mention, it's a Porsche designed engine.
I dont have to worry about those things, though. I can't even sit on one. My legs won't reach the pedals, particularly where there is a box sticking out that pushes my leg clear to the outside of the pegs! But the thing is way to heavy for my liking anyway. I just can't get to loving bikes over 500 pounds. I have owned a few, but none of them will ever make my favorites list.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

fzr400

• Scooter
Reply #18 on: May 04, 2012, 05:44:31 pm
i like my bikes like i like my women over 500lbs
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 05:51:41 pm by fzr400 »
current bikes
90 yamaha fzr 400
99 yamaha vmax
04 honda rc51
11 RE B5
all us spec

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #19 on: May 04, 2012, 06:07:38 pm
;D
When I got my HD is had leather tassles on the levers,  very chic, and the first thing to go.

I had the multi-color ones on my $1000 mountain bike a few years back, just to piss of the guys at the shop where I worked  ;D

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: May 04, 2012, 09:35:02 pm
Oh boy I'm in trouble .. I have a Yamaha 1100 with leather tassels on the brake and clutch levers..Leather Fray with metal studs around  both floorboards...Weird some would say (They came with the bike when I purchased it)...I do get plenty of nice nods about the bike...Too lazy to rip them off or just cut those long black tassels that fly in the wind and sometimes hits me in the face... :P
Oh Magoo you done it again

jartist

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: May 07, 2012, 03:21:05 am
I guess it depends on where you hang the tassels!  I started looking for a picture to add but I think I'll just leave it.