Author Topic: I can admit to being wrong.  (Read 2919 times)

BrashRooster

• Bulleteer
  • Yeah I stepped in it.
on: April 26, 2012, 12:56:34 am
I wanted to take a moment to admit that I was wrong about how things was turning out with my B5. I received a call a few moments ago from my dealership and every thing had been resolved. I want to say that indeed I was wrong, as a matter of fact I can not complain in any way about how the issue has been settled.

Thank you
                                                                      Sincerely
                                                                          Paul R. Jones
Signature

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 01:14:53 am
Good news, hope your problems are finally resolved properly, declared dead and stay buried :D

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 02:37:41 am
Well, I don't know that you need to apologize too hard for your earlier posts .

Having problems with a new thing can be frustrating to say the least.

The important thing now  is to get your butt in the saddle and start enjoying your RE.

Also, remember that occasionally a small problem might come up and you will need to either fix it yourself or get the dealer to fix it.
The important thing is not to let yourself blow a small problem way out  of proportion to what it actually is.
Big problems are a different issue and need a cooperative effort between you and your dealer to resolve.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 03:01:35 am
I wanted to take a moment to admit that I was wrong about how things was turning out with my B5. I received a call a few moments ago from my dealership and every thing had been resolved. I want to say that indeed I was wrong, as a matter of fact I can not complain in any way about how the issue has been settled.

Thank you
                                                                      Sincerely
                                                                          Paul R. Jones

Can you indulge any info on how the resolution came about?  What the vibration problem was, and what was done to fix it?

Whatever the case, get out and ride!
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

TWinOKC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 03:03:38 am
Glad you got the problem resolved.

I know it can be frustrating after spending your hard earned money only to have problems.

Happy trails to you!  
2010  C5  Teal
2011 Triumph Bonneville T100
2015 Scrambler Ducati

BrashRooster

• Bulleteer
  • Yeah I stepped in it.
Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 03:13:56 am
Can you indulge any info on how the resolution came about?  What the vibration problem was, and what was done to fix it?

Whatever the case, get out and ride!

I would actually prefer to leave that between the dealership and CMW with the risk of sounding rude. 
Signature

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 03:35:51 am
I would actually prefer to leave that between the dealership and CMW with the risk of sounding rude. 
Nope, it does not sound rude.  You got taken care of and that's perfect!
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

BrashRooster

• Bulleteer
  • Yeah I stepped in it.
Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 03:33:41 pm
Well I guess not everything was explained to me. Now it was because I left the dealership and I do believe that it will be resolved soon.  So no riding home today. Im confindent every thing will turn out fine.
Signature

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 03:40:55 pm
Wonderful, I'm keeping my finger cross for ya...
Oh Magoo you done it again

BrashRooster

• Bulleteer
  • Yeah I stepped in it.
Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 07:58:18 pm
Thank you? I didn't want to give up on RE I really think that they are some thing special. My grand father had a "Indian" when they was rebadged RE. Maybe they are made in India now but I still feel a connection.
Signature

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 09:09:34 pm
Rooster, glad you'll be back on the road soon.  CMW and Kevin stand behind their product and things usually work out in the end with a little patience.

If you could share some of the tech details later that may help others if they get the same problem in the future.  If not, no hard feelings :) 
Scott

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 09:59:00 pm
Thank you? I didn't want to give up on RE I really think that they are some thing special. My grand father had a "Indian" when they was rebadged RE. Maybe they are made in India now but I still feel a connection.

Welcome to the club.

As kids my neighbor had a weird to us non Japanese single cylinder tank of a bike of mysterious origin. It was tricky to start but wonderful to ride and we took turns flogging it all summer.

The local motorsicle authority assured us it was not a real Indian as they were vee twins and they went out of business around the end of WWII.

It was announced to be some sort of post war euro-pee-an jobby ( probably eye-tal-yen) that someone slapped some Indian decals on as a joke.

To say the riding qualities of the design made a lasting impression would be accurate here.
No matter where you go, there, you are.