Author Topic: nfield gear  (Read 4210 times)

fzr400

• Scooter
on: April 21, 2012, 01:19:52 am
whats up with them? everything i add to my cart says on backorder. i want a efi silencer and 5pk oil change. just to check i clicked on other things to see and everything said back order.   

i know i can call them but that takes to much effort ;D       so is everything on back order?  when im ready to order i want it NOW ;D
current bikes
90 yamaha fzr 400
99 yamaha vmax
04 honda rc51
11 RE B5
all us spec

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 01:26:04 am
dont know..i had ordered a new speedmaster front tire and it said " backorder"...I had a few other things too but everything showed up 2 weeks later....Maybe I was lucky..
Oh Magoo you done it again

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 03:06:01 am
You ordered a speedmaster front?   Really,  I just tossed one in the pitch.  Of course it was 17 years old............   :P
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 03:35:04 am
yeah i did..i had still half life left on the rear so I got soft in the head and said the hell with it...I don't drive the bike much over 60 and it strictly on country roads with a bit of gravel from time to time..I'll go k70 next time as u have said they are a much softer gripper tire...I did get 9800 miles out of it...It was a PIA to change by the way..

fzr400

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 04:14:21 am
if you armorall the tread the tire will last along time.

just kidding of course ;D   my survey from RE just came today and said i should become active in the forum ;D
current bikes
90 yamaha fzr 400
99 yamaha vmax
04 honda rc51
11 RE B5
all us spec

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 02:41:22 pm
fzr400 : I do my share of bandwith sharing..Sometimes you have to be patient when ordering stuff from enfield gear, Kevin is in and out and the crew I have spoken with have been helpful..That  said, I haven't had to order a unusual internal part as of yet....If you have a parts manual you can look at the exploded views and have the part no, ready and then verify with them over the phone or just do the on-line purchase...I prefer the telephone  aka human contact approach but have had success on either fronts....I would agree that it one finds themselves in a undesirable position waiting for a specific part is on back order..

Damon

• Bulleteer
Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 03:08:39 pm
A month ago I placed an order for several things inluding the oil change 5 pack. I called the next day to change one of the things and was told basically 90% of my order was on back order. I already had one order on back order for 2 months so I canceled everything and placed the order with hitchcocks and it was at my door from England in 3 days.
 I really want to support our sponsor but when I can get the stuff from elsewhere that they say isn't available it sure makes it hard to go back.

Damon
2005 Royal Enfield Bullet 612 Continental
1965 Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk1
1956 BSA GoldStar DBD34GS Flat track racer
1971 Datsun 510 2-door sedan

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 03:16:42 pm
Kevin are you reading this....What was your shipping and Handling charge? Any import duties?  I never had to order from Hitchcocks but I have visited their websites which is quite extensive..I would agree that the  5 pack oil kit which Ihave also used in the past, should be in stock..Two months on a backorder is a bit excessive especially if you can get it from England in three days...Just wondering on the total shipping, handling and additional charges from England..Did they seem a bit excessive?

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 G5 Classic, F&%king Stolen
Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 03:55:56 pm
 I also have a comment but its on BACKORDER.
I would much rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow    Jack

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 04:41:32 pm
I ordered 4 oil filters for the C5 from ebay and got them within 10 days from India to Seattle.  The (used to be a) dealer was charging $11 each at the time.  nField had some multi-packs, but on backorder.
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 04:50:10 pm
I ordered 4 oil filters for the C5 from ebay and got them within 10 days from India to Seattle.

Was that from Bullet Wala or some other company in India ? Did you also get all the O-rings, and correct size ones ?
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

fzr400

• Scooter
Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 06:18:38 pm
I also have a comment but its on BACKORDER.

;D when do you expect it in?   as for the others thanks for your support on this. my dealer is 130 miles round trip. i can understand oddball stuff but oil filter packs should be stocked floor to ceiling! oh and exhaust pipes ;D
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 06:22:09 pm by fzr400 »
current bikes
90 yamaha fzr 400
99 yamaha vmax
04 honda rc51
11 RE B5
all us spec

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 08:44:57 pm
Was that from Bullet Wala or some other company in India ? Did you also get all the O-rings, and correct size ones ?
Yes and no.
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 12:11:43 am
Stuff comes in and out. The hardest stuff to get and keep in stock is painted parts. Mostly because whatever we order is not what is needed. In other words if Black is HOT and we get Black in everyone wants Green for a month. The most commonly needed painted parts are tanks and front fenders.

I will check with Tim about the filters. We normally have a lifetime supply of filters as we order them thousands at a time. It is more likely that there is something stupid like one of the O-rings missing from the parts shelf which can put the entire order on back order.

Any of our dealers can send you parts just as easily as we can and just as quickly. Some are actually quite good at this.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

dick_deck

• Scooter
Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 09:03:16 pm
I just checked my order status to make sure this hadn't happened to me and NOTHING WAS THERE. I checked my bank account, no deduction, no confirmation e-mail.

Was it all a dream?  :P

EDIT: Set up my order again. Got the e-mail confirmation. Everything is "possibly on backorder".  ;D

Oh well, not in a hurry.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 09:12:45 pm by dick_deck »