Author Topic: Classic Comfort Solo Seat  (Read 1850 times)

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 G5 Classic, F&%king Stolen
on: April 08, 2012, 06:22:57 pm
 Anybody have any experience or insight on the Classic Comfort Solo Seat from Nfield Gear ? Im considering buying one after the 12 hour marathon Bare and I did up in Malibu. The ride back home wasnt just uncomfortable but downright painful. The stock G5 seat is great for regular runs but with the summer coming, I would prefer something that didnt leave my tailbone sitting on the seat pan and allow me to go the distance. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
I would much rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow    Jack

jartist

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 06:37:42 pm
I have tailbone problems and have found that the old fashioned lycett style seat is quite comfortable.  You need to clean up the holes in the middle spring retainer and resend a few hooks but I'm happy with the results.  I think a sheepskin cover on my seat would make it the ultimate in comfort.

P. Schraub

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 09:34:16 pm
Hello Jack,
         I have a 2010 G5 Deluxe with a Le Pera solo seat. This is extremely comfortable for me, but everybody has different weight and ass size conditions ! You just have to try a variety out until you find the one that is comfortable for YOU.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 11:15:20 pm
 I completely agree !

Jack,
  Besides aircraft seating Oregon Aero also re cushions motorcycle seats with multi layer and variable density foams.They are a little spendy but guuuuuud.  :D

I forget which one of us it was but somebody here improved their Lysette saddle by installing a foam layer under the cover and was exceedingly well pleased with the result.

You might search the threads.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 G5 Classic, F&%king Stolen
Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 06:16:30 pm
 Thank you Jartist, P.Schraub and Ice for your input. I will keep your valued advice in mind. I'm still trying to make up my mind. Decisions, decisions ! Thanks again.
I would much rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow    Jack

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 12:43:14 am
There is also gel pads to consider.