Author Topic: Wanted Used Bullet 500 Military  (Read 4343 times)

glacierintlphoto

• Neophyte
on: May 01, 2008, 03:16:31 am
Hello:

I'm new to the forum and I live in Phoenix, AZ we have only one dealer in the whole state up north in a small town called Prescott and they only have one Bullet 500 Military new for $5000.

I'm not looking to spend that much money I would like a bike that is used and thus cheaper but also because if it has some scratches knicks etc... it already has that added character I'm looking for.

If you have one please write me and send me some photos of your bike.  My email is glacierintlphoto@yahoo.com

Please only contact me though if you have a Military 500 model, I'm not looking for any other Bullet, just the Military one.

Thanks everyone!

Jeremy

mbevo1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Mike and Stumpy
Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 02:44:47 pm
Jeremy -

If you can get a good deal on a Classic, then for a little elbow grease and the cost of some olive drab paint, it would be easy to turn it to a Military - all the changes are cosmetic, and the military panniers and such are all easily available...

There's some home-built military models on the Yahoo groups -
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/royalenfield
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Bullet-Mania
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Bulletech

Have fun in your search!

Mike and Stumpy in Michigan
'07 Classic - Stumpy
'10 C5 Military - Sherman

glacierintlphoto

• Neophyte
Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 09:16:58 am
Thanks for the great info Mike and Stumpy!  how long have you had your Enfields then?  I tell ya I have owned quite a few bikes in my short life of 28 years.  Seventeen to be exact!  I've had everything from a moped at 14 to them dang crotch rockets to enduro and motocross dirt bikes.  But I don't want any of that stuff anymore I just want a good ol' Enfield.

I was looking at some other old military bikes too this week like a 1942 Ariel and a BSA around the same year then a coupe BMW's.  I gotta say I really love the Ariel that bike is way cool but out of my price range at the moment.

Still though I love the look of the Enfield well the military one anyway because I am an American History fanatic especially WWI and WWII.  And I've always wanted a military style bike because I have an old photograph of my real grandfather whom I've never met sitting on one, don't know what kind it is though but it looks like an Ariel more than an Enfield type.

Basically my main concern is I want a reliable bike that won't leave me stranded. I don't care how fast or powerful they are anymore nor care to ride reckless on one of them rockets...

I'll check out these site links thanks a lot!

mbevo1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Mike and Stumpy
Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 01:46:32 pm
Jeremy -

I stumbled across an RE add in a classic motorcycle mag a couple of years ago, went to enfieldmotorcycles.com, and it was mostly all over except the shouting...

Stumpy is my '07 Classic, received in Oct '06.  Has been absolutely dependable, and I have no urge to try and make him a freeway bike. 

This design is from an era where owner maintenance is mandatory, but not overwhelming.  If you read through the boards here and on the yahoo sites, there isn't much that can't be done in your own garage. 

I'm very much leaning towards a Military with the AVL motor if I'm ever in a position to add another bike to the garage... but, then again, I'm fairly familiar with the workings of the iron motor, too... maybe a used classic I can turn into a Military model in U.S. desert sand color...

These bikes will make you dream...

Mike and Stumpy in Michigan
'07 Classic - Stumpy
'10 C5 Military - Sherman

deejay

Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 08:34:33 pm
Jeremy,
We are about the same age, welcome! Luckily for you the military is a popular bike that I've seen for sale used many times. Don't lose faith in dealers for used models either, try calling around. Try out of state dealers too, I had my bike shipped from a dealer a few states away from me for only $200 extra.  Keep an eye on ebay and your local craigslist too. Good luck!

bobblehead76

• rider in north carolina
  • Scooter
  • 08 Military
Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 02:14:55 pm
Jeremy,

I just bought a military on the 30th and it is a great bike . I get lots of looks and complaments about it. Then you got the rocket guys (how fast is it). It's not about speed anymore. Any how keep up the serch.

Bobblehead76
Bobblehead76

geoffbaker

Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 08:44:41 pm
Hi Jeremy,

I live in Tucson and have a 500 military RE 2000. Not looking to sell.... sorry! In fact, I'm in the middle of converting it to diesel!

If you do get one, we should plan a ride together somewhere... there sure aren't many RE's here in AZ!

Robb

• Scooter
Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 03:33:02 pm
Check your PM, I've got the bike you want....