Author Topic: First start-up in a month...........Problem solved easily.  (Read 1703 times)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Prior to my video run yesterday - the C5 had been sitting under cover for one month. I was to say the least a little bit edgy about it starting up ( no battery tender etc)  when I pushed it off it's stand. Surprise, surprise - I hit the starter button and it kicked over and idled perfectly on first hit. ;D
Big smile on my face I let it idle a couple on minutes then parked it in the garage. I then taped on the camera for the test ride.
Got the wife to open the roller door as i explained to her how easily it kicked over first go  after a months rest.Back on the bike and key in the on position pressed the starter.
Nothing! dead silence.  :o Pushed the side stand down then back up ........Still nothing.  ???
Did the same several times..........while pushing the starter button. By then a few choice adjectives were flowing from the voice box >:(............Wife near the roller door smiling away :). This went on for a couple of minutes.
Finally I turned the ignition switch back off then on again. Looked at the speedometer housing .........where's the neutral light? :-[ - Actually I never said it like that at all. .........it was much much more degrading. I was in bloody gear!
Selected neutral pressed the starter button - immediate start up and kick over and I rode out the garage on the video run :-[.
Lesson learnt that day. Next time open the garage door yourself! ;)

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 02:38:14 am
 Welcome to the  "stalled out in the intersection, failed attempt at kick starting in front of the hot chicks, forgot to put the kick stand up/ down" club  ;D

Beers to you Sir !

I'm not the president of the club but a member in good standing.  ;)
No matter where you go, there, you are.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 04:09:30 am
Now we know why you're wife was smiling at the beginning if the video ;D

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 05:37:12 am
I'm beginning to believe that Royal Enfields are jealous females that have claimed the owner as her own.

They can be totally fun and cooperative when they are receiving your undivided attention but if another female is around mysterious things happen.

Neutral indicators pop into gear, kill switches move to the off position, side stand switches decide the stand is down and clutch switches stop working.

The voltage that moments ago was a healthy 12.7 suddenly won't light a speedometer light bulb, let alone operate the electric starter.

Kick starters that always work won't get much more than a 'chuff' out of the engine.

It's only after they've had their little joke and you start uttering your profanity chant that they feel sorry for you and start behaving as they should.

Most peculiar.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary