Author Topic: Is this the basis for the new cafe racer?  (Read 3293 times)

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: April 05, 2012, 06:14:32 pm
My 70 yr old body just did 260 miles yesterday with the Ace bars and rearsets. The bod is OK today. The worst part was the 40 miles of splitting freeway lanes at 30 mph.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 06:33:04 pm
Yeah, but you tend to take a rest in the soft dirt at the edge of the road after a ride ;)

I'm just jealous, I wish I had your spine. 

There are cafe bars that are not so low, there are a few different angles to choose from out there.

Scott

GreenRE

• Bulleteer
Reply #17 on: April 05, 2012, 07:56:45 pm
Is it actually easy to mount another set of bars?  Doesn't look like there's any supplemental clamp for tubulars.

And I think they'd be just as ridiculous flipped upside down as they are right-side up...there's low, and then there's the far-famed and dreaded "have-to-turn-your-head-sideways-and-flatten-it-against-the-top-fork-crown-to-reach-the-bars low."

Not that a set of reasonable clip-ons isn't a cheap and easy swap-in.  Just that the bike is then, IMHO, quite unsuited for average Indian riding conditions.

Edit: By the way, I DO like the bike!  I don't want to sound [entirely] like some nit-picky asshole.  But obviously, one detail is irking me.

There are adjustable clip ons..I thought the ACE badger bike appeared to have them on. Custom made drag bars with brackets to mount on the tripple tree could be mounted too and they wont depart THAT MUCH from the look. I would agree with the post above that these were just mounted to test 'other' parts of the bike and ride in a comfortable position.

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: April 06, 2012, 02:32:53 am
Yeah, I'm aware that adjustable clip-ons exist and work well.

I was commenting on the stock bars.