Author Topic: too good?  (Read 730 times)

single

• Grand Gearhead
on: April 04, 2012, 01:59:29 am
Jolly has all but stopped using oil.9800 miles.I have the breather mod from host.I have the duckbill burping on the chain.There is a very slight amount of oil on the chain,but nothing like there used to be.Have started oiling the chain.This began when I redid the feed lines to the head.Photos of this are in the gallery.The copper lines I used are a fraction larger than the original ones.I do not believe this is the cause.I did this because of continual breakage of the original lines.Jolly seems to run very cool.Valve clatter is as usual and the tappet adjustment rarely needs to be done.I have a 35mm Mikuni and free breathing intake and exhaust.Jolly is very peppy and always sounds perfectly "happy".It gets close to 60 mpg.Timing is set at the specs in Snydal.Starts up on one or two kicks cold.
Jolly will do 90 by the speedo.
All of this is cool,but why would the oil use drop.Never did use much.I do not get it.
Any thoughts?

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 02:07:32 pm
If you have the breather mod which has a hose running to the oil filler neck, and then another hose with the duckbill on the end, it's because that system is returning almost all the burped oil back into the oil tank.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 10:13:40 pm
Thanks,Ace.I will rerout the breather.