Author Topic: Paul Henshaw's Machismo 500/AVL ton-up/High Revving build - This one works!  (Read 70382 times)

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 05:17:32 am
UPDATE!!

I got a new Mikuni VM34 Carb for my bike. Got that delivered today! Megaphone installed long back, UNI Air filter ready for use. I got the jetting specs for AVL 500 (VM34 carb Mikuni) once everything is set... I will install them.

Also, I think its nearly impossible for me to get the "S" Cams as VERY less amount of people in here heard about these. So I will work on this later.. maybe just try out other alternatives.

Once I am done with these modifications, I will work on the compression. Probably get new 535 pistons for my bike. But these upgrades will take some time as I need to save up pretty much for other things.

Thanks to everyone for all the info, especially Basanti and BW! :)

-Sanket

Bullet Whisperer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 02:02:35 pm
I could probably get more 'S' cams made, the problem is they are not cheap to produce in small numbers, so a lot of money gets tied up whilst waiting to sell them all in order to recoup the outlay and a [small] profit. I had 6 sets made a couple of years back and sold them all, but apart from the odd enquiry, I have not seen enough potential demand for a second batch to be produced. These cams work very well, but not everyone who owns a machine already in the minority, where Bullets are concearned [AVL] wants to make these changes, so it's just lack of demand / high production costs that put the spanner in the works for this one.
 B.W.

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 05:21:27 pm
I totally agree with you! :)

By the way.. If I have any small doubts on these mentioned performance mods then.. can I contact you via personal messages?

-Sanket

Bullet Whisperer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 06:00:09 pm
Hi Sanket,
 No problem, if you think I can help, ask away !
 B.W.

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #19 on: May 06, 2012, 01:23:39 am
Food for thought.

Best performance mod I made ,..was to loose 20 lbs. I understand that is not an option for everyone.

I was able to hit 80 mph (indicated) on a slight incline.
 Before the weight lose, I as only able to achieve 76 mph.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #20 on: May 06, 2012, 02:04:13 pm
Yes, weight reduction helps a lot. By the way..what do I remove from my bike? I don't use the E Starter.. So planning to remove the entire assembly. After that what all do I remove?

I would love to get some weight off my bike :D

-Sanket

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #21 on: May 06, 2012, 10:32:48 pm
I didn't remove anything from the motorcycle. I ate less , and lost weight. :D
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #22 on: May 11, 2012, 01:59:54 pm
lol...

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #23 on: May 11, 2012, 03:20:27 pm
I didn't remove anything from the motorcycle. I ate less , and lost weight. :D

I weigh 140 pounds. I can't wait for the day when I can finally get the '08 Classic into 5th gear once in a while (right now she's got 369 miles) & do some REAL plug chops & get the old Mikuni dialed in the way it oughta be. I just gotta live long enough & get enough rainless days when I don't hafta cut friggin' grass. 
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #24 on: May 11, 2012, 09:14:42 pm
140 is pretty good. I am somewhere near that weight range. Maybe a bit lesser than 140 pounds. Few days back I went for a short trip and had managed to do 88mph on a straight flat. Thanks to the "Rollie Free" position (minus the "rollie free outfit :P). I think the actual speed would be around 80~82mph.

By the way what Mikuni  carb you are planning to use? :)

-Sanket

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #25 on: June 21, 2012, 03:32:19 pm
Finally my VM34 is installed! Loving the round slides! Next goal will be the porting work and compression work :)

dustystranger

• Scooter
Reply #26 on: July 13, 2012, 04:34:41 am
I think egli said you can make any carb work.  Ask Ace what carb he runs on his Bullet.  Yeah thats right a properly setup factory micarb.  Save your money and buy gas and tires.

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #27 on: July 13, 2012, 04:08:19 pm
Egli? He's a legend!

Also I think that Ace is running a TM32 instead of VM28 on his Fireball. VM28 would do good justice to my AVL but I want to make it different. Will be a powerhouse for sure!

Bullet Whisperer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #28 on: July 15, 2012, 08:12:37 pm
Hi Dampking,
 Here is a pic of the piston crown mod I made, as discussed in the P.M.'s, which I couldn't add pictures to.
 B.W.

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #29 on: July 16, 2012, 05:38:54 am
Thanks a Ton BW!