Author Topic: Profile Picture  (Read 3321 times)

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
on: March 30, 2012, 02:53:09 pm
       Can anyone out there tell me why I can't get my personal profile picture to upload?

I've been trying now for a couple days.

Yes, I DO know how to DO it. I've changed the picture now 3 or 4 times since joining. It just doesn't seem to take this time.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 03:16:28 pm
Too big?
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

TWinOKC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 03:20:38 pm
It took me several attempts to get my picture to work.  My problem was the picture was too big (too many pixels) I posted the picture I like on picasa and then copied it to the profile.

Hope this helps.

2010  C5  Teal
2011 Triumph Bonneville T100
2015 Scrambler Ducati

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 06:38:22 pm
My crappy cell phone size pics fit because I take them with a,,,,,crappy cell phone.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 07:16:41 pm
Too big?

The new one is the same size as the one that was there before.

Does a message pop up that says "This Is Too Big"?

I get no reason - it just doesn't appear.

Oh, well. Life is weird. I wish I had a,,,,,crappy cellphone  ;D

if it was 3 degrees warmer I'd take a ride & forget about it.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 08:22:36 pm
Jack had the same problem. He got no message, it just didn't show up. His pic was too big, and as it was one I took, I cut it down to under 1 meg. Worked fine then. Photoshop is handy!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 08:56:27 pm
Jack had the same problem. He got no message, it just didn't show up. His pic was too big, and as it was one I took, I cut it down to under 1 meg. Worked fine then. Photoshop is handy!
Bare

What's your favorite size reduction program? I've used a thing called Fast Stone & it's very overcumberbundsome.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 10:18:11 pm
            What's your favorite size reduction program? I've used a thing called Fast Stone & it's very overcumberbundsome.

It was too big. I smallerized it & it uploaded.

In fact it looks like it loaded at the larger size the last time I tried, but it didn't appear until now.

Who knows?

But why doesn't it TELL you it's too big in the beginning & not run you around in circles?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 10:20:42 pm by tooseevee »

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 11:34:34 pm
The site server is plotting against you.

I'd let you borrow my aluminum foil hat but I am wearing it right now to protect me from the compact fluorescent lights that I installed in my ceiling light.

You could probably make your own foil hat if you can find some heavy duty aluminum foil but don't forget that it needs a ground wire connected to a good ground like a piece of plumbing.
Without the ground wire the ultrafrequency waves will go right thru it and into your brain causing small pictures to vanish right before your eyes. :)
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 03:27:07 am
I'd let you borrow my aluminum foil hat but I am wearing it right now to protect me from the compact fluorescent lights that I installed in my ceiling light.

About those lights.. Put a new fixture in the kitchen a year and a half ago and sprung for some of those "long life" compact florescence bulbs.   Last one burnt out today and now I have 3 old incandescent bulbs in it.   Thanks Al Gore....   >:( >:(
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 03:38:29 pm
Garbone:  I'm going to try a pic in my profile too....Long Life bulbs sound like a  kink free hose...I thought you get more mileage out of them than that..Just brought two rubber hoses made in u.s.a...One was 44 and the other 55 bucks...they don't advertise that they are kink free...Theses comes with instructions on how to properly prepare the hose before winding it up and using it the first time.... ::)..
I bet those bulbs weren't cheap... ;D
Oh Magoo you done it again

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 03:59:06 pm

About those lights.. Put a new fixture in the kitchen a year and a half ago and sprung for some of those "long life" compact florescence bulbs.   Last one burnt out today and now I have 3 old incandescent bulbs in it.   Thanks Al Gore....   >:( >:(

I put one of those in the lamp by the couch that I read by about three years ago. It's been on ever since & is just now getting bright enough to read by.

I usually fall asleep before the one I read by in the bedroom gets bright enough to read by. I hear the new ones are better (developed by a company that got some super green award from Obama) & they're going to be around $55 each. I'll sure rush right out & buy a bunch of THOSE  ::)   

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 04:20:58 pm
Garbone:  I'm going to try a pic in my profile too....Long Life bulbs sound like a  kink free hose...I thought you get more mileage out of them than that..Just brought two rubber hoses made in u.s.a...One was 44 and the other 55 bucks...they don't advertise that they are kink free...Theses comes with instructions on how to properly prepare the hose before winding it up and using it the first time.... ::)..
I bet those bulbs weren't cheap... ;D

You have to buy the good ones or you get Chinese krap & kinks no matter what the lying label says. And they will also last past your next birthday. I've got three of those 50' 44 to 55 dollar hoses Made in America & have not ONE bitch about them. (It helps if you know how to roll them up, too, but I didn't learn that from a warning label).

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: March 31, 2012, 04:38:26 pm
Tooseevee:  Yes I never knew that you had to prepare a water hose....I just got sick of hoses kinking in various spots as I unwind it and it severely constricts the water output...I got mine at sears and said to myself I rather pay 20 bucks (per hose) more for something that's going to work correctly..
I find as I get older that its the little thing that starting to piss me off>> >:(
Seems to be alot of lying labels or half truths on a lot of things...Sell me a good product vice going into your song n dance on your marketing label of what its not going to do...

They suggest u unwind it out of the package, put a nozzle on the end,  turn on the faucet and let it sit out straight for a hour on a warm day...Then turn off faucet, roll it up and release the pressue..

I have those bulbs in my bathroom...They get brighter after a few minutes...I don't want to see whats in the mirror anyway... ;D
Oh Magoo you done it again

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 G5 Classic, F&%king Stolen
Reply #14 on: March 31, 2012, 05:29:07 pm
  Arizoni , I tried the tin foil hat while trying to upload my profile picture a week or so ago. All it did was make my fillings on my back teeth hot. Thats when I decided to call Bare.
I would much rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow    Jack

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: March 31, 2012, 06:11:31 pm
I think the failure was due to the ballast.   The kitchen light gets turned on and off many times every day and last year we took a surge that nuked the TV.   Too many moving parts for a light bulb.. 
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

Desi Bike

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 08:18:49 pm
When those CFL (compact flourescent lamps) came on the market, the City of Ottawa (Canada, where I was living at the time) decided it would be very 'green' of them to mail one to each household. Included in the package was a listing of how much energy it would save etc etc...   What they failed to put on that insert was the fact that the City of Ottawa suceeded in polluting the city with more mercury than industry had as each of these bulbs has a small amount of mercury in them. There was no recycling facility available at the time to safely recycle these curly bulbs that dont last much longer than regular inky bulbs.

میں نہیں چاہتا کہ ایک اچار
میں صرف اپنی موٹر سائیکل پر سوار کرنا چاہتے ہیں