Author Topic: delay circuit install  (Read 2762 times)

exmayor

• Scooter
on: April 26, 2008, 09:18:45 pm
I just received my delay circuit from CMW.  It is obvious to me that the green/white ends match to the plugs in the solenoid.  where do the other two white ends (1 male, 1 female) go?  I did a search but didn't find a reference.
thanks

Rick
'06 Electra w/Rocket sidecar (Green)
'02 Ducati Monster 620 (Dark)

Kiwichick

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 07:25:29 am
Hey Rick
When you've done it, can you post a couple of photos in this thread?  I'm keen to do mine too...

Thanks
Biddy

tanker

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 06:32:00 pm
I just installed one yesterday, and while I'm currently sitting in an airport and can't look at my bike, this is what I remember.  There are four leads coming from the delay module.  There are two color coded (wire, not the connector) pairs.  One pair hooks into the wire on the starter solenoid.  I think this pair had white and blue wires.  Simply unplug the wire connector going to the starter solenoid and plug this pair in so that the path is now thru the delay circuit.  My starter solenoid was mounted on the forward side of the battery.  The other pair has green wires.  These go into the TCI module.  I was replacing the standard seat with a solo seat, so getting to the TCI module was easy with the seat removed.  Just pull the TCI module up off its mounting prongs and you will see the green wire.  Unplug it and plug one of the green wires from the delay circuit into the TCI and the other into the wire you just pulled off the TCI.  Remount the TCI and you should be all set.  As I mentioned, I don't remember the color of the plastic connectors, but just match up the wire colors.  Also, the wires that connect to the TCI are longer so they can reach.  The delay circuit should mount next to the starter relay.

Good luck.
Brian
2006 Electra-X
1994 Goldwing

exmayor

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 01:49:33 am
Tanker,
thanks for the info.  I won't havr my shop manual till next week so didn't know where to look for the TCI.  It was an easy fit.
Biddy,
Don't have pics but it is really simple. 
first you must remove the saddle.  there are four bolts thru the grab handle that hold it on.  they take 10mm wrench.  pull the saddle to the rear and it will come off.  remove the left side cover.  the solenoid id in front of the battery (the posative battery cable attaches to it)  unclip the two wire plug and plug the short plug ende into it.  the TCI looks like a rubber block held under the saddle with two flat metal strips.  pull it up to release is and turn it over.  unclip ths plug on the left and plug the long ends of the delat circuit into it.  you will have to thread those wires thru the frame.  it should take about 2 min after you remove the saddle.  good luck.

Rick
'06 Electra w/Rocket sidecar (Green)
'02 Ducati Monster 620 (Dark)