Author Topic: Anyone have the toolbox badges?  (Read 6459 times)

deejay

on: July 26, 2007, 02:28:23 am
http://www.royalenfieldusa.com/solid-brass-tool-badges-p-212.html

I'm thinking of getting a set of the 500 ones, do they cover the stock stickers completely?

Brother Rhett

• Bulleteer
  • I chase shiny objects across the internet.
Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 06:25:24 pm
Hi Deejay,

I'm by no means a product expert, but I went back into the warehouse and lined one up on a test bike for you.

It looks like the brass emblems are exactly the same size as the sticker, so if you apply them carefully, yes - they should fully eclipse the original stickers.  It is a very close fit, though.
What wouldn't you not do if you didn't know you wouldn't fail?

deejay

Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 06:42:13 pm
Rhett, thanks so much for doing that for me.

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 06:46:04 pm
That looks like a wishlist item for me.. :)
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

justin_o_guy

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 12:52:04 pm
When I was doing bodywork we sometimes had to put decals on. We used windex on the paint to allow us to position the thing before squeegying the windex  out. I dont KNOW that it will work the same for the 2 sided tape that secures the badges, but maybe someone else can chime in. That would keep the initial contact with the sidecover from being just crucial. I did go look at them & it looks to me like if the badge was installed just the slightes bit high it would still cover the decal to the eye.Go in low or to the rear would leave the decal most obvious behind the badge. They Look good. I guess I need an Enfield to stick on a couple,,, 

deejay

Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 01:22:19 am
I think I'll put a black rubber backing to mine, cut it to the same shape as the badge just slightly larger. That way it will give the badge sort of a black outline, prevent water from leaking in the 2 holes you need to drill, and cover up any of the original sticker below.

justin_o_guy

• Bulleteer
Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 03:30:29 am
Heck, I had it in my head they stuck on. I guess they wouldnt stay on a bike too well. Good deal it needs holes drilled. That way you know they will be there when ya get home.

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 04:11:56 am
That is a good idea, deejay - maybe I should get myself some, and do the same. :)
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA