Author Topic: Shenaz is here!!!  (Read 3310 times)

michigandon

• Scooter
on: April 22, 2008, 08:37:28 am
She was delivered around noon on Sunday. I was totally awestruck when she came down the ramp. even the truck driver said that he'd had several other customers comment on the bike when they saw it inside the back of his rig.

So I no sooner than got her unloaded and discovered that I was unable to get her started.    :( I don't have any books on hand (yet), but I was able to fetch a laptop from inside the house and determine that the Mikarb was woefully out of adjustment. Now she starts right up easily and purrs like a kitten.  ;D

Even my wife, who originally gave me tons of flak for not getting a "me too" ricegrinder, now thinks it's cool. She likes the way that it rides and shifts and says that the sound and feel of the old one-lunger is "satisfying".  She can even kick start it whereas I haven't been able to thus far!  :-[  I had told her that I wanted to get her onto an Electra, and now she has agreed! She does still want to keep her CB350 though.  ::)

It's gonna be a helluva great summer!   ;D ;D ;D

michigandon

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 08:42:52 am
Oh yeah, I also wanted to add that with only 400 some odd miles on the clock, I haven't taken her much over 40-45 MPH yet, but she sure acts like she's willing/able to do much more! ;D I actually find it pleasant to go leisurely putting around on the back country roads around here. Only other thing I can think of that I've owned/operated with this much personality is a Fairmont Railway speeder.

Spitting Bull

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 10:55:09 am
Oh yeah, I also wanted to add that with only 400 some odd miles on the clock, I haven't taken her much over 40-45 MPH yet, but she sure acts like she's willing/able to do much more!

I think that's an important part of running -in.  The bike speaks to you, in a way, and lets you know when it's ready to be pushed a little harder. You seem to be pushing it to get up to 40 mph, and then you find the bike gets up to that speed all by itself.

Tom
One cylinder is enough for anyone.

indian48

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 07:09:23 am
I am curious about the name you have for the bike, how did you select that label?
If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing well

LotusSevenMan

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...._[:]@==<
Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 08:13:17 am
Slight spelling change, but named after the wife?

"She nags"....................perhaps ;D
If it ain't broke-------------------------- fix it 'till it is!

Royal Enfield Miltary 500cc  (2003)
Honda VTR FireStorm (SuperHawk) 996cc 'V' twin
Kawasaki KR1 250cc twin 'stroker
Ducati 916 'L' twin

michigandon

• Scooter
Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 10:28:47 am
I am curious about the name you have for the bike, how did you select that label?

I named her after Indian model and actress Shenaz Treasuryvala. Most of our USA contingent would know her best from that "Culture Shock" show that she hosted on the Travel Channel a while ago. I would dare to say that she's almost as sexy as the bike itself!  :-*

http://www.abcdlady.com/2007-06/art1.php

indian48

• Bulleteer
Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 03:52:33 am
I guessed there was an Indian connection to the name - I was with her on a flight once in India, and she is even better looking for real. Don't see much of her in India these days though,,,,
Good luck with your bike!!
If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing well

jonapplegate

• Grand Gearhead
  • you stand tall when you stoop to help
Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 10:00:53 am
Careful, your'e wife may read this someday.
    She is sexy as hell....