Author Topic: Most comfortable seat?  (Read 12927 times)

meilaushi

• Grease Monkey
  • If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Ride!
Reply #15 on: April 17, 2008, 03:28:08 pm
I think the tan seat looks sharp, that's for sure... and with the tan saddlebags, they're beautiful.  But the butt unfortunately isn't interested in looks and on a 500+ mile day it begins to scream loud and clear if the seat isn't comfortable--and that's with stopping about every 2 hours.  Wish that longer tan seat CMW has in the catalog had springs. 
And Hey Thumper... Neat pix of the Lysette seat & bags on the Electra!  Thanks for the ability to take a look!
Ralph Meyer
2008 RE Classic Bullet ES :) "Ennypenny" (It's an Enfield and costs pennies to run!)
2010 RE Deluxe G-5 :)) "Eagle"
2010 BMW F800ST
Ridin' 58 years & counting!  Back roads are fun! Member IBA.

mbevo1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Mike and Stumpy
Reply #16 on: April 17, 2008, 09:38:50 pm
I have a tan leather solo on my Classic, and it fits my pointy behind nicely... longest day I've spent in the saddle so far is a bit over four hours.  The thought of a "500+ mile day" is beyond my comprehension...  at the speeds I normally cruise with stops to get coffee, get rid of coffee, eat, etc.  that would be a loooonnnngg travel day for me !

Mike and Stumpy in Michigan
'07 Classic - Stumpy
'10 C5 Military - Sherman

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 11:45:06 pm
I have the tan solo seat on mine and it works well for me. The seat, combined with the early hi-rise bars gives me a good riding position. After half a day in the saddle, I feel like I could take a dinner break and go again. I think it would be different with everyone though. We all have a bit different dimentions. The setup that's most comfy for me might drive another rider nuts.

jonapplegate

• Grand Gearhead
  • you stand tall when you stoop to help
Reply #18 on: April 19, 2008, 09:40:29 am
I have the solo installed right now and for my commutes i have no complaints. The dual seat, stock, is a servicable seat. I have taken a ride which ended up near 100 miles and not been bothered by the seat, just run of the mill fatigue. I love the look of the solo w/ pillion but have my suspicions the stock dual seat is more practical in the long run. Just my two cents.....

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: April 19, 2008, 03:28:14 pm
CMW has a new Leather Touring Seat that has perked my interest.

http://tinyurl.com/6ncsqy

The Stock 99 seat has served me well for years but that last 200 miles of a 1,600 mile trip I took last year was a bit painful. I ordered one of these new ones and will report after a 12 hr day in the saddle.
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: April 19, 2008, 11:51:55 pm
I also thought the new leather touring seat looked good. Maybe a bit too much like a modern cruiser seat, but if the leather is soft and has good padding, could be comfortable. As for now, I'll stick with the premium solo, it works well for me and although it doesn't provide room for scooting about, I don't find the need to.

LotusSevenMan

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...._[:]@==<
Reply #21 on: April 20, 2008, 08:33:56 am
t120rbullet.

Now that looks a very luxurious seat!  :)
 Only problem in UK at the moment is that the button holes would fill up with water!!!!  >:(
If it ain't broke-------------------------- fix it 'till it is!

Royal Enfield Miltary 500cc  (2003)
Honda VTR FireStorm (SuperHawk) 996cc 'V' twin
Kawasaki KR1 250cc twin 'stroker
Ducati 916 'L' twin

meilaushi

• Grease Monkey
  • If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Ride!
Reply #22 on: April 20, 2008, 01:47:42 pm
I've ordered a Lycette seat because like everybody else I love the looks.

I'm planning a 1800 mile trip this summer... I'll let you know how comfortable it is when I return :D

I'm thinking I may have it recovered in soft leather over a gel pad before starting...
Great!  I'll look forward to hearing how you and others who are doing long distance/time rides made out tushy-wise!  I haven't gotten the bike yet... still waiting for the IRS to return the bucks I sent them too much of over the last year, but the deposit is in on the bike... then I'll have to break it in--I hear that's most important from all the wisdom I see here on the message board, so I probably won't be ready to invest in a different seat than stock until later.  I'll be patient and see what y'all think, especially on those long ride days (I'm a member of the IBA and I hope to be doing some long stuff later this summer.  And of course the IBA wisdom is:  to go far, comfort is important, and secondly, comfort is important, and thirdly, comfort is important... and so on ;)  )
Ralph Meyer
2008 RE Classic Bullet ES :) "Ennypenny" (It's an Enfield and costs pennies to run!)
2010 RE Deluxe G-5 :)) "Eagle"
2010 BMW F800ST
Ridin' 58 years & counting!  Back roads are fun! Member IBA.