Author Topic: Arizona Antique & Classic Motorcycle Event  (Read 5057 times)

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
on: March 17, 2012, 07:01:01 pm
Sunday, April 1, 2012 the Arizona Antique & Classic Motorcycle Enthusiasts Association is having their 28th Annual Antique and Classic Motorcycle Show & Swap Meet. (Yes, it is being held on April Fools day but this is really happening.)

It is being held at the Shriner's El Zaribah Shrine Auditorium and grounds, 552 North 40th Street, Phoenix, AZ. 
That is located just North of Van Buren St.on the West side of 40th Street behind the Freto Lays building.

The gates will open to the public at 10:00 AM.

Motorcycles park for free and there is no fee to see the bikes and swap area unless you want to enter your motorcycle in the show.

The weather should be great, the show is neat and I think this is a good time for all of you Royal Enfield owners to gather there and show the other Arizona bikers that we do exist.

The last time I attended this show there were a LOT of cool vintage motorcycles there including Triumph, BSA, Norton, Matchless, an Indian 4 and a host of the older Japanese bikes.

For more information follow this link:

http://www.meetup.com/Arizona-Cafe-Racers/events/46995772/?value=The+Show+-+28th+Annual+Antique+and+Classic+Motorcycle+Show+%26+Swap+Meet

I noticed that Keven posted that April 1 is also Royal Enfield 'ONE RIDE'  day and he encourages all Royal Enfield owners to get out and ride together.

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/blog/2012/03/

Sounds like a good time for all of us in the Phoenix/Tempe/Mesa/Glendale area to fire up our bikes and take a ride to the show ! :)

Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

CoffeeAchiever

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 06:59:16 pm
Hey 'Zoni, thanks for the event notice!  I plan to attend the AZ Antique and Classic Motorcycle Show & Swap Meet on Sunday, April 1st.  

I see that the AZ Cafe Racers are putting together a pre-show ride up to Payson and back to the show.  Since my G5 can't keep up with the Cafe Racers on the Beeline Highway, I won't be able to tag along with them.  However, I propose an alternative pre-show ride.  

Kevin Mahoney has declared Sunday, April 1st the day for Royal Enfield USA's One Ride, let's see if we can get the local RE riders to participate.  We could all meet at Victory BMW / Royal Enfield in Chandler and then ride over to the show.  

I'd be happy to contact the folks at Victory RE and see if they'd be interested in hosting us.  Perhaps Kevin himself could tag along if he's still here in the Valley and hasn't headed back up North.  
2009 G5 Deluxe "Domino"

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 07:03:06 pm
CoffeeAchiever

A ride sounds like fun but I have other things I need to be doing on Sunday morning.

I do plan on going to the Motorcycle show though and will probably be there about 10:30 AM.

Hey Noisymilk?  Is your bike running well enough to make it to the show?  If you can, at least three RE's will be there. :)
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 11:41:54 pm
I went to the show this morning and saw a lot of really nice bikes.

I was surprised that no old Royal Enfields were there but at least CoffeeAchiever and his wife made it so between us, our two G5's gave the people at the show some RE's to look at (and look, they did!  :)

Here's a link to the photos that were taken at the show

http://www.meetup.com/Arizona-Cafe-Racers/photos/7114712/#106245072

Have a good one! :)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 05:51:51 am by Arizoni »
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe

j byrd

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 01:09:49 am
Hey, coffeeachiever, not only did it work, but was great !!  Thanks a bunch, John
j byrd

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 07:57:33 am

I almost never get to go to bike show or swap meets. I greatly appreciate it when you guys post pics. Thank you.

No matter where you go, there, you are.

j byrd

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 08:27:28 am
Just noticed I thanked CoffeeAchiever instead of Arizoni.  When I grow up I'm gona' be smarter- - great pics, sorry Arizoni, jb
j byrd