Author Topic: UK Based Classic C5 Flat-Tracker  (Read 1403 times)

DaveT

• Scooter
on: March 17, 2012, 11:08:18 am
A good friend of mine, Gary Inman, is the editor of UK based inependent magazine "Sideburn". The mag is essentially a v.nicely produced fanzine that focuses on the world of flat-track, street-trackers etc etc....At the beginning of 2011, RE UK "donated" three bikes to UK builders to see how they could be modified, the bikes were then displayed on the RE UK stand at the NEC Motorcycle show in Oct' 11. Unfortunately Gary's/Sideburn's build wasn't fully running in time for the show, but was displayed as a "rolling bike". The bike is now up & running, with UK MOT & has had it's first thrashing on a shale track too !!
Here's the most recent pic (as featured in issue 10 of Sideburn mag) if you trawl through some of the older posts on the blog you can find some of the build pics.....hope you like it & that the link works !!

http://sideburnmag.blogspot.co.uk/

nigelogston@gmail.com

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 12:07:12 am
That looks spectacular :   Does anybody know what that front end fork assembly is with the massive stiffeners and , looks like inverted forks?  wow.  That would be fun.  Wonder if they are in the hitchcocks catalogue?  I'll have to have a peek.   And, apropos the whole trail /wobble discussion going on over at ACE 's Fireball UCE thread, I wonder what the trail of these is mounted on a C 5?   Nigel. 

DaveT

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 10:52:10 am
Hey Nigel......I certainly don't think they sourced anything from Hitchcocks. A lot of the parts were sourced/modified/begged from various suppliers. Co-Built did the rear frame section & exhaust. CFM (Ruskington,Lincolnshire) did a lot of the build.....I believe the headlight is from a 1930's tractor !!
If you trawl through the older RE related posts on the Sideburn blog, there is info on the various parts & their respective fitting

nigelogston@gmail.com

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 04:48:03 pm
Thanks Dave   Those sure aren't tractor forks though.   They are objects of art.  Nigel