Author Topic: Royal Enfield and sidecar - Possible choices ???  (Read 3405 times)

rabbit7

• Scooter
on: February 24, 2012, 02:12:17 pm
I have a choice between a Bullet 500 with Cosy sidecar or a Classic 500 with an Inder sidecar.  Both new.  Does anybody have any suggestion especially concerning these 2 different sidecars or with bike does the sidecar thing better.

Rabbit7

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 04:32:15 pm
What model years are the two bikes? US model names seem to be different from the Canadian names.      If they are the same year go for the one with a square rear tire if possible. 

As far as the car.   I have Cozy Rocket with trunk access from behind the seat. (they make em both ways)

I like it because I can get in the trunk even if I have stuff tied to the luggage rack,  I also decided to leave the windshield in the garage as I like the cleaner lines of it without.   

The tail light and side marker that come with the Cozy were sub par in my opinion,  I replaced them with modern LEDs.   

I was looking into an Inder as some of them have a brake for the third wheel but they were not available at the time.   I have heard they are narrower and a bit more finicky of a setup.  Not really a good thing IMO. 
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *