Author Topic: Ace UCE project.  (Read 163795 times)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #420 on: December 11, 2013, 10:59:49 pm
We got confirmation yesterday about our cost structure for the modifications to the UCE head.

I'm not going to announce a price right now because we are still deciding how we want to present the kit as a package or a la carte.

But I can tell you that the head work will cost lower than the Fireball and offer similar flow and features for less money.

I hope that stokes some of your holiday fires in anticipation of UCE performance from Ace.

Happy Holidays!
Home of the Fireball 535 !

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #421 on: December 12, 2013, 03:30:54 am
That's great news Ace!  I'm excited to see how the 1st few come out.  Is there going to be dyno testing?   :D

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Roeland

• Grease Monkey
Reply #422 on: December 12, 2013, 05:33:00 am
Yes - great news - I look forward to this.

roshiba

• Scooter
Reply #423 on: December 12, 2013, 07:06:03 am
That's Good News Ace

crush02342002

• Bulleteer
Reply #424 on: December 12, 2013, 12:59:04 pm
how about some teaser pics of some of the work :)

edit...went back a few pages and seen them. Nice work indeed!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 01:28:53 pm by crush02342002 »

02Electra

• Scooter
Reply #425 on: December 12, 2013, 01:23:47 pm
Interesting.

Tom, planning anything for the chap who is looking for a blueprinted/worked head with minimal aftermarket parts but expecting a clean and strong pulling UCE till the redline?
2002 RE Electra CDI
India

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #426 on: December 12, 2013, 01:33:00 pm
Interesting.

Tom, planning anything for the chap who is looking for a blueprinted/worked head with minimal aftermarket parts but expecting a clean and strong pulling UCE till the redline?

If you go back 2-3 pages Tom says ALL the options that will be available from a budget head job up to the full works.    ::)
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #427 on: December 12, 2013, 02:17:38 pm
how about some teaser pics of some of the work :)

edit...went back a few pages and seen them. Nice work indeed!

I can snap some more pics next week. The head is at Mondello 's and they are away at a trade show until early next week.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 02:34:33 pm by ace.cafe »

crush02342002

• Bulleteer
Reply #428 on: December 12, 2013, 02:30:55 pm
sounds good, cant wait :)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #429 on: December 12, 2013, 02:33:35 pm
Interesting.

Yes, we can provide any stage of modifications that you may want. All our work is custom work, and we can adjust the suggested package any way you  desire.
We will need some aftermarket parts to pull strong and clean to  red line cleanly in top gear. Our upcoming parts will be designed to do that.

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
Reply #430 on: February 02, 2014, 12:50:09 am
Updates?  :D
Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #431 on: February 03, 2014, 09:30:32 pm
Updates?  :D

Head work is done and "in the can", with easy repeatability on future heads at a good price. Still having some delays with the  rocker system development,  trying to achieve the most results in an affordable package. This is where the delays are right now. We may see a break through on this in a week or two with a new approach we'll be trying out. Hopefully.
Then the piston design goes into finalization. We have the chamber mold to create the piston crown, but we can't finalize until we know the final valve lift height, so we can set the depths of the valve relief pockets on the piston crown.

So, that's the story. I haven't been updating because we haven't reached a significant milestone of progress worthy of reporting recently.

I'm hopeful we can report that the valve lift is finalized very soon.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 09:40:21 pm by ace.cafe »

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #432 on: August 25, 2014, 11:36:26 pm
Update!

Okay, we have finished Roeland's head work, and it is ready to ship!

The package is basically as described previously, and it is the most affordable Fireball package yet!

Basically, we did the previously described porting and head mods, and also have included a "beta prototype" set of UCE rockers which were done in a similar fashion as the Ace Shotgun Rockers for the iron barrel kit.  So. this package includes the head work AND the ratio rockers for the same price as the Iron Barrel Fireball head work alone.
Close to .500" max lift with the rocker ratio we used with the STOCK CAMS in there! No specialty cams needed to buy!
The Ace beehive springs and valve gear will handle that lift.
The max flow in the port is almost identical with the max flow in the iron barrel Fireball, but the lifts are not the same. We used more lift in this UCE to get the max flow we were after.
We used a valve size which allows more lift, with using the regular flat-top piston he has in there, and (hopefully) will have sufficient clearance over TDC, but he is going to have to check it, and maybe there might need some small clearance adjustment. And maybe it might be just fine as it is with the flat top piston in there. We'll see.
So, we went with more lift, and not the big valves, and that's how we went at it, in the final analysis, for this first one.
Stock chamber on this one, for keeping it affordable.

After we get some reports from him, we will see if there needs to be anything changed to reach what we were after.
So, we finally have one going out, after all this time, and I'm very pleased about it!
 :) :) :) :)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 11:50:18 pm by ace.cafe »

DanB

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #433 on: August 26, 2014, 01:20:54 am
Congrats ace!  This is a big deal and it's cool to watch it all in the making. Thanks for sharing it.
Suppose I were an idiot, and suppose I were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. ... Mark Twain
2006 AVL Electra

Roeland

• Grease Monkey
Reply #434 on: August 26, 2014, 05:09:16 am
Thank you Tom - this is great news - I look forward fitting this head.