Author Topic: Ace UCE project.  (Read 163745 times)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #495 on: March 15, 2015, 12:49:55 pm
Regarding this matter about cams, our primary goal is to not need aftermarket cams, so as to minimize overall cost, and simplify the modding job to 'head only'.
However, at my last meeting with Mondello's we decided that it appears to be possible to leave some room between the roof of the ports and the bottom of the valve spring seat. So, assuming this all works out in the end, we should be able to accommodate even higher lift(on special order) up to about .600" max lift at the valve. That would open up the cam options to ones which have more lobe lift than the OEM cams, and of course would permit as much duration as any of the aftermarket cams might have. Since there is a "lift ceiling" even with our possible .600" valve lift, there will be some limit on what cams could fit in with the package, but in all cases, of course, our lift with this head would be way more than with any cam alone with std rockers.

As I previously mentioned, if a certain cam is desired, and our roller rocker multiplier ratio pushes the valve higher than the .600" maximum, it will be possible to substitute lower ratio roller rockers to attempt to satisfy the need to use that cam and still stay undet our hard lift limit. I can't say that all cams will fit into the allowable options, but it appears that we will now have much more latitude for that, AND potential for .600" lift which is as high as our max effort racing heads from the Iron Barrel GP heads and the full race Big Heads.

So, as things begin to come into focus more clearly, it seems like there will be even more potential in this Ace UCE/GT head than we first anticipated. And, if ported for use with a big carb, or a large custom throttle body, it could rev even higher for more hp.

Very exciting news. It could potentially be set up as a full race head. Or, just have much wider compatibility for other cams, and higher power potential for the street.

But standard form will still be for .500" lift with OEM cams, and ports that will fit with the OEM size inlet and exhaust systems, for easy bolt-on modding. Other options will be special order.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 01:04:48 pm by ace.cafe »
Home of the Fireball 535 !

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #496 on: March 15, 2015, 01:08:14 pm
Just a quick reference for all the Hot Rodders out there, .600 lift at the valve is the same amount of lift that a new LS6 Z06 Corvette produces in full race form at between 700-1000hp.  And the LS6 heads pretty much can't flow anything much higher than the .600 lift.  Now obviously, the UCE billet head isn't going to be breaking any Dynos with numbers.  But this does give you a good idea of how radical and over the top this new head design is going to be.     ;)
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #497 on: March 18, 2015, 02:03:56 am
 :D
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #498 on: March 25, 2015, 09:55:00 pm
Billet machining!
 8)

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
  • How does this thing work?..Ouch..oh..
Reply #499 on: March 26, 2015, 09:59:53 am
Tease ! :)
"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.

rep_movsd

• Bulleteer
Reply #500 on: April 01, 2015, 11:46:43 am
As soon as I can afford, I'll be getting a GT and trying to make a race spec bike for the track with this...
Really excited!

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #501 on: April 21, 2015, 11:49:31 pm
That sounds great!

We are coming along with the project.
Here's a prototype pic of the rocker layout.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #502 on: April 22, 2015, 12:26:24 am
That looks fantastic!  I like the needle scaling.  :)
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Reply #503 on: April 22, 2015, 05:47:01 am
We are coming along with the project.
Here's a prototype pic of the rocker layout.

That looks interesting.
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

iron.head

• Scooter
Reply #504 on: March 27, 2023, 04:04:06 pm
Hello Folks!

Reviving this old thread again!

I am nostalgic about all the work ACE did and my friend in India who upgraded his Cast Iron 500 with the ACE kit!

There are a lot of UCEs still on the streets around the world and a huge number in India!

Wondering what happened to the UCE kit! There are tuners and modders in India who have done some work on the Enfields but nobody can port the head etc. However, there will be a few shops that can replicate the ACE work and do it on scale!

Hoping to get some responses!

Thanks,
Adi

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #505 on: March 27, 2023, 05:03:49 pm
Here are some current & available UCE go-fast bits:

https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/35385
PART No. 90371; 4 VALVE CYLINDER HEAD CONVERSION PACKAGE, 500 EFI (UCE); £2,750.00
Designed from scratch, we have turned this pipe dream into a reality to offer a 4 valve cylinder head conversion for the 500 EFI. This has been in the works for a number of years, and we have taken this through the design stage, prototyping, testing and finally production. 
The kit comprises of a complete cylinder head with all new internals, new type of cylinder barrel, forged piston (87mm), inlet manifold, performance cams, and all the smaller components to match. The cylinder head to cylinder barrel joint is a gasketless finish.
A large increase in performance can be gained with this package, as well improving aesthetics with a twin port exhaust setup.
The conversion has been designed to be a bolt on package without any requirements for machining, but this is a major change to the bike and one to be carried out by a competent mechanic.
Each kit is hand assembled in our workshop to match your requirements and will take approximately 1 week before dispatch.
Exhaust system needs to be ordered separately, see related items below. Fuel controller not included.

https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/42809
PART No. H4V056; EXHAUST PIPE SET (2 PIPES) WITH BRACKETS, 4 VALVE B5 + C5 EFI; £219.00

https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/42811
PART No. H4V057; SILENCER SET (PAIR) WITH BRACKETS, 4 VALVE B5 + C5 EFI; £292.00
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
  • Rebelling Against The Rebels
Reply #506 on: March 27, 2023, 05:05:19 pm
Thank you for reviving the thread. In a server change and a computer update and who knows what all else, I lost my links to this forum and couldn't get it to come up in searches.  Looks like there's a lot to catch up on from the past couple of years!
Paul

2015 Royal Enfield Rumbler 500

Crispyduck

• Scooter
Reply #507 on: March 28, 2023, 11:49:48 am
Hi Ace,

Thats great news. Looking forward to see what u can come up with for the UCE engine.

In terms of wish lists someone requested a way to solve the top end "clatter". I would also like to request the same thing.

Bullet 612cc (UCE carb version)
Triumph Tiger 750cc (TR7)

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #508 on: March 29, 2023, 02:50:25 pm
The 4 valve head belongs in a separate thread, as well as the stroker kit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIxqZFlVZJo
ACE Motors - sales & administration

Warwick

• Grease Monkey
Reply #509 on: March 30, 2023, 08:24:54 am
WOW! Performance figures look impressive!!! I really look forward to seeing someone complete a bike!
2007 Bullet, 1999 Lightning, 2010 Honda VFR1200f, 2019 Interceptor, 2007 Kwaka GPX250R