Author Topic: The Highest Pass (Documentary with RE's)  (Read 3482 times)

motorat

• Grease Monkey
Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 04:25:03 pm
over the weekend i watched glory stompers and cycle savages...2 fairly low rate 1970's biker movies. i cannot recomend either.
last night i saw highest peak.
i was really impressed as to how well the re's performed and would like to have seen more riding. this one i might watch again.
Joe
08 dl650abs
 c5 military

Joel-in-dallas

• Grease Monkey
Reply #16 on: April 22, 2013, 05:42:49 am
I just watched this on netflix. I got over all of the spiritual part of it, and I got a bit tired of hearing how everyone felt. But I am really glad I watched it. It made me like the RE even more. It also made more more at ease thinking about how an RE will handle the pavement here in Dallas.

I would have loved many more shots of them riding. But it was great to see. It also has convinced me to get more protective gear. Im getting some armor.

Well I find inner peace on an RE.... I don't know but it sure looks like I will have a blast riding one.

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: April 22, 2013, 07:15:27 pm
Well, I don't know that I would call it inner peace, but it certainly can calm the nerves and let you know that it is a great day and you had fun, and we gotta do it again. Call it what you like, ah, but nervana! These bikes certainly do bring out the "Spiritual Self" more than any other that I've ridden in a long, long time! I guess that's why I'm willing to wait a few more months for a new one rather than rush down and buy a new UJM.
More smiles per mile than anything else I know of!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

The_Rigger

• Grease Monkey
  • Mom Always Liked You Better...
Reply #18 on: April 24, 2013, 02:51:54 am
Saw it...  I like the 60kph Motorcycle Club's films better.
-Dave
2012 C5 Special
Central Michigan, USA (when I'm not working somewhere else)