Author Topic: Any Day Now...  (Read 1052 times)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
on: April 23, 2013, 03:29:57 am
MY THORSPARK ELECTRONIC IGNITION CONVERSION KIT WILL BE HERE ANY DAY!!!!!
 :D :D :D

Sorry, just super excited.  I've been eyeballing this thing for 6 months and it's the final part to complete the restoration of my 1958 RE/Indian Trailblazer 700cc Twin.  I can't freaking wait and just had to share my excitement.

That is all!    :D

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 05:57:31 am
Know what you mean.  I just got my Boyer digital electronic ignition for my Bullet.  Was a very exciting day as well.  Super-easy to install, despite the difficulties of sourcing a 5000 ohm resistor plug cap in India.  Ended up just having to buy a bunch of different caps and test them with my multimeter...

But, though it seems to work well enough, it hasn't made my poor idling any better.  So much for my theory that my points were a big element of the problem and that the super-digital-stabilization-of-tickover-as-advertised would be a fix.  I've got a more elementary problem somewhwere.  Back to the drawing board!

Edit:  Another ride, a little more carb fiddling with the engine good and hot.  A bit better now.  In fact, it pulled easily to 70mph on the flats before I backed off fearing a bottom end explosion.  (It's a 350, poor little thing...) 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 02:29:09 pm by AgentX »

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 01:27:19 pm
Does anyone know the performance difference between using a resister cap as opposed to a resister plug?  I was seriously thinking of running the E3 plugs, I think they are a resister plug.

Scottie

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 04:35:14 am
Yay!  I got my ignition today!  Booo!  No instructions.   >:(