Author Topic: Paying Karma Forward  (Read 27189 times)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #45 on: September 25, 2014, 09:51:10 pm
Foxy's is where I bought all my parts and gear for my dirt bikes when I was kid.   :)  And honestly, I've been thinking about putting black dirt bike levers on my bike as well.  They are cheap and function way better.
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #46 on: October 27, 2014, 02:31:34 pm
RE t-shirt...

Gone to a new home - although nobody seems interested!  I'd've liked that shirt... in my size!

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #47 on: October 27, 2014, 04:09:55 pm
Gone to a new home - although nobody seems interested!  I'd've liked that shirt... in my size!

Well if it still needs a home I'll sport it.  And if it won't fit my skinny butt, I know my kid would wear it.  ;)

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #48 on: October 27, 2014, 11:52:21 pm
Sorry Scottie - "gone" is the key word there.  I just posted to let everyone know that it's no longer up for grabs.

I ended up giving it to an older friend of mine from Scotland; wonderful songwriter, musician and singer; expert dry-stone wall builder, single-malt whiskey connoisseur; motorbike rider from way back.  He loved it at first sight (just like he did my B5), and wears it proudly!

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #49 on: October 29, 2014, 11:29:53 am
Sorry Scottie - "gone" is the key word there.  I just posted to let everyone know that it's no longer up for grabs.

I ended up giving it to an older friend of mine from Scotland; wonderful songwriter, musician and singer; expert dry-stone wall builder, single-malt whiskey connoisseur; motorbike rider from way back.  He loved it at first sight (just like he did my B5), and wears it proudly!

Oh cool!  Man, I need to stop reading and posting at 5am before I've had at least 1 cup of coffee.  ;D

rep_movsd

• Bulleteer
Reply #50 on: November 14, 2014, 12:39:36 pm
If you need any hard to find parts, I can help source them from India. It's a bit of a fight to find and ship to the US, but I've done some for Chumma and it's worked out much cheaper for him.
There's also a lot of rarer parts here from older bikes, that can be found in the scrap markets.
I myself have a huge bunch of parts, and a 4 speed gearbox (whose mounting area on the case is cracked) , whose internals are up for grabs if anyone needs them (you cant get spares for the 4 speed boxes anymore, only full units, that too not easily)

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
Reply #51 on: December 16, 2014, 11:10:04 pm
Anyone want my old IB stock muffler?
Also might be looking at getting rid of my stock bench seat with sissy bar.
Both have little wear from use.
Victoria, Melbourne. Happy to deliver around the CBD/city and eastern suberbs in exchange for a coffee and a yarn!
Lizzy - 07 500 Deluxe ES - Red and chrome - Sold.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #52 on: December 17, 2014, 06:04:15 pm
Rep - I may be interested in the 4 speed gear box if shipping isn't astronomical.  3rd gear is dicey on my bike and me be able to swap the internals.  Send me a pm to see about working something out.  Thanks.

GreenForce82

• Frank The TECH
  • Grease Monkey
  • The Dude Abides
Reply #53 on: October 27, 2015, 06:20:11 am
It's been far too long since I've been on,  it it's good to be back. I am stuck using my phone,  but as technology has increased the forum is easier to navigate on a smartphone now than it was a few years ago.

I am in need if a clutch lever, just the aluminum (I think) lever, 2007 military, with the Minda (I believe) controls.  I will happily pay forward the good karma, with the gift of a gremlin bell to whomever posts that they haven't got one, or if the giver of said handle is not yet protected by a gremlin bell, they shall receive one.

I have found a close match to the stock handle, but it needs a sleeve, and the bugger wants 30 bloody dollars!  All other searches seem to result in only the sale of the entire left handle electronics and plastic stuff,  and that is not needed.

Best regards to all of my brothers and sisters, and I hope to be more active again, life...  has been difficult for quite some time...  riding and forum activities have taken a back seat.

Godspeed to all, and especially for those far enough south to still be riding, or blessed with warm weather year round, keep the rubber to the road!

Frank
"Counted his friends in burned-out spark plugs
and prays that he always will.

But he's the last of the blue blood greaser boys all of his mates are doing time:

Married with three kids up by the ring road
sold their souls straight down the line.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #54 on: October 27, 2015, 11:55:52 pm
 Well son of a son a sailor if it aint Frank the Tank !!!!

You have been missed around here brother ! 

No matter where you go, there, you are.

GreenForce82

• Frank The TECH
  • Grease Monkey
  • The Dude Abides
Reply #55 on: November 10, 2015, 12:41:39 am
Well, I received a clutch lever, so who needs a gremlin bell? The sender did not reply that they needed one, so I am paying karma forward as my word dictated. First PM with name and address, from someone who does not have a bell (in the USA please), gets one as soon as I can get it and ship it.
"Counted his friends in burned-out spark plugs
and prays that he always will.

But he's the last of the blue blood greaser boys all of his mates are doing time:

Married with three kids up by the ring road
sold their souls straight down the line.

DanB

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #56 on: May 20, 2017, 07:21:09 pm
Bumping this thread. 

I gotta clean out the closet!  If you can cover the shipping cost, it's yours:

1.  Old single seat off 350 AVL, 06.  (I got more pics of the brackets if needed).  Clean it up or recover it!

2.  Electra Oval chrome rack.  I'd say 8/10 condition.  Few small surface rust areas. Should fit G5 as well. 

3.  Oval Mirrors from CWM a few years back.  Lost a set screw somewhere... who knows...  They look cool when they wobble with the vibes!

4.  Air filter.  Not sure why I have this... too small from my oem airbox.  IB filter? 

Help a fella out w/ wife's insistence on spring cleaning!
Suppose I were an idiot, and suppose I were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. ... Mark Twain
2006 AVL Electra

Yamahawk

• Charlie the Chaplain
  • Bulleteer
  • Lotsa Bikes!
Reply #57 on: July 10, 2017, 03:14:17 pm
Dan,
   would be interested in the seat, sent a PM to you!
Charlie
Think about the circumstances of your call...Not many were wise by human standards, not many were powerful, not many were born to a privileged position. But God chose what the world thinks foolish to shame the wise, and God chose what the world thinks as weak to shame the strong. 1 Cor 1:26-27

DanB

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #58 on: July 11, 2017, 01:13:33 pm
Dan,
   would be interested in the seat, sent a PM to you!
Charlie

Reply sent!  Thanks Charlie... one down and few more to go!
Suppose I were an idiot, and suppose I were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. ... Mark Twain
2006 AVL Electra

Yamahawk

• Charlie the Chaplain
  • Bulleteer
  • Lotsa Bikes!
Reply #59 on: August 08, 2017, 09:24:33 pm
Bumping this thread. 

I gotta clean out the closet!  If you can cover the shipping cost, it's yours:

1.  Old single seat off 350 AVL, 06.  (I got more pics of the brackets if needed).  Clean it up or recover it!

2.  Electra Oval chrome rack.  I'd say 8/10 condition.  Few small surface rust areas. Should fit G5 as well. 

3.  Oval Mirrors from CWM a few years back.  Lost a set screw somewhere... who knows...  They look cool when they wobble with the vibes!

4.  Air filter.  Not sure why I have this... too small from my oem airbox.  IB filter? 

Help a fella out w/ wife's insistence on spring cleaning!

Thanks, Dan! Got the seat today, and after a little modification, and the springs off my old seat, here it is!
Charlie
Think about the circumstances of your call...Not many were wise by human standards, not many were powerful, not many were born to a privileged position. But God chose what the world thinks foolish to shame the wise, and God chose what the world thinks as weak to shame the strong. 1 Cor 1:26-27