Author Topic: Paying Karma Forward  (Read 27192 times)

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 02:56:01 am
well then, I have always wanted a tender....
             - Mike

It's yours, Mike!  Please PM me a mailing address.  I'm afraid I can't mail it until next week; I'm away from home in New Hampshire attending to a sick parent.  :(

But... I got to ride through the White Mountains to get here!  8)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: August 24, 2013, 03:43:12 pm
Ice - I got my saddlecan in the mail last night.  Thanks Again!

Oh!  And look it here.....  My black cat, Marley, just brought home the biggest mouse I've ever seen and puts it on the floor right by me.  Gross dude.     :o  Actually it's kind of funny, at the end of spring he was outside for a full 24 hours.  He finally comes back all jacked up covered in pine sap and barely able to walk.  I came to the conclusion that he was climbing a tree, got attacked by a bird and fell out of the tree and punctured his skin by his lung/s.  He didn't go outside for a couple weeks.  Then when he did, he ran for cover every time he saw a bird flying above.  Well, a couple months go by and he's back to himself.  Kind of.  In the last 6 weeks he has killed or maimed 4 birds, 2 mice, and 2 grasshoppers.  And he keeps bringing everything inside and dropping on the floor in front us like "Hey!  Look what I caught you guys!  It's just for you!"

Had to share that, because that is how I woke this morning.  Poured a cup of coffee and saw this.   ;D

ANYWAYS...  Thanks Ice for the saddlecan!

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #17 on: August 24, 2013, 11:08:05 pm
Your cat is probably trying to tell you, "Hey dude.  I found this really neat toy and playing with it was a blast while it worked.  After a while the dam thing broke and it won't go by itself anymore.
I know you can fix stuff so here's your chance to show me how it's done."

Actually, we've had several cats that became fanatics about playing fetch.  Their favorite toys were wadded up cigarette packages which they would drop next to anyone sitting in the room.
Pick it up and throw it anywhere and like a streak the cat was on it.
After a few whacks with the paw and a bite or two, the cat would return at a fast trot and drop it again saying, "Do it again!"
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: August 25, 2013, 03:48:39 am
Ha ha ha!  Yeah, a stray that moved into our house likes to chase hair scrungies.  She wants to chase hard and slam into the wall or something, then trots back and drops them next to me.  She eats crickets and spiders, never brings them to us.
'07 Iron Barrel Military (Deceased 14 September, 2013)
2014 Yamaha Bolt R Spec V-Twin
1975 XLCH

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #19 on: August 25, 2013, 04:36:46 am
Ice - I got my saddlecan in the mail last night.  Thanks Again!

Oh!  And look it here.....  My black cat, Marley, just brought home the biggest mouse I've ever seen and puts it on the floor right by me.  Gross dude.     :o  Actually it's kind of funny, at the end of spring he was outside for a full 24 hours.  He finally comes back all jacked up covered in pine sap and barely able to walk.  I came to the conclusion that he was climbing a tree, got attacked by a bird and fell out of the tree and punctured his skin by his lung/s.  He didn't go outside for a couple weeks.  Then when he did, he ran for cover every time he saw a bird flying above.  Well, a couple months go by and he's back to himself.  Kind of.  In the last 6 weeks he has killed or maimed 4 birds, 2 mice, and 2 grasshoppers.  And he keeps bringing everything inside and dropping on the floor in front us like "Hey!  Look what I caught you guys!  It's just for you!"

Had to share that, because that is how I woke this morning.  Poured a cup of coffee and saw this.   ;D

ANYWAYS...  Thanks Ice for the saddlecan!

Scottie

You are welcome man.

BTW The cat thing is cool.
 We made a big to do about my cats first kill and never had a mouse problem again  ;)
No matter where you go, there, you are.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: August 25, 2013, 06:38:27 pm
Marley was a stray that we rescued when he was only a few months old.  He LOVES being outside and he catches all of these critters in the wild!  One day he brought home a bird, that wasn't dead yet, and gave it to our other cat out on the porch, Emma, and she starts laying on her back and tossing this poor bird up in the air acting like it was a catnip toy.  20 minutes later, it was missing its head.  It's funny and entertaining.  Until I have to remove the carcass.

Scottie

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: August 25, 2013, 08:03:17 pm
It's funny and entertaining.
Scottie

Not to the bird!
'07 Iron Barrel Military (Deceased 14 September, 2013)
2014 Yamaha Bolt R Spec V-Twin
1975 XLCH

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: August 25, 2013, 08:46:21 pm
I'm sure if you go to Africa you can see a lion doing the same thing to a deer of some type.  ;)

Scottie

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
Reply #23 on: August 31, 2013, 08:20:39 pm
It's yours, Mike!  Please PM me a mailing address.  I'm afraid I can't mail it until next week; I'm away from home in New Hampshire attending to a sick parent.  :(
But... I got to ride through the White Mountains to get here!  8)

I've got my tender on the way so I started digging for those last few Enfield parts that I
still have....   only thing left is an e-start motor and harness and I'm NOT paying
shipping on that.
    Went down to our local Farmers Market and picked up a couple bottles of fresh
local grown and processed Garlic, 1 powder and  1 granules.
      IF you are going to jump on this you'd better like Garlic; this is the real deal!
1st. reply HERE with a corresponding PM gets it....
    Karma is my friend - Mike
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: September 01, 2013, 02:13:37 am
I don't want to be greedy and snag this deal as well, but I am interested in knowing where I can buy it locally Mike.  I'm a garlic FANATIC!  I put it in everything!  Plus I enjoy buying locally and supporting my home state.  :)

Scottie

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #25 on: September 01, 2013, 02:27:54 am
Garlic, Onions, Horseradish  :D
No matter where you go, there, you are.

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #26 on: September 01, 2013, 02:30:32 am
ok scottie, I'm going to aasume this is a NO from you.
you can go to   
http://www.strawhatfarms.com/food-garlic/
to buy online....   if you decide to take the offer,
 re-post and let me know - Mike
'My dear you are ugly,
 - Winston Churchill

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: September 01, 2013, 02:34:01 am
Garlic, Onions, Horseradish  :D

I'm also a HUGE pepper freak!  I keep 4 different kinds of ground pepper in the house, my favorites being ground jalapeno and ground cayenne pepper.  I also enjoy grilling jalapenos and pabalono pepprs with jack cheese when I'm grilling/smoking meat.  SUPER yummy!   ;D

ok scottie, I'm going to aasume this is a NO from you.
you can go to   
http://www.strawhatfarms.com/food-garlic/
to buy online....   if you decide to take the offer,
 re-post and let me know - Mike

I'll let someone else enjoy the Colorado deliciousness.  ;)

Scottie

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #28 on: September 03, 2013, 02:00:32 pm
Well, it looks like no one is interested in the garlic spices, so I guess I will take you up on that offer baird4444. 

Scottie

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #29 on: September 03, 2013, 09:00:25 pm
perfect timing....    I was going to pull the offer today as I'm leaving
for about 2 weeks....
my favorite wife will post in the next day or 2....
              - Mike
'My dear you are ugly,
 - Winston Churchill