Author Topic: Something in the water in Jaipur  (Read 4365 times)

wokka

• Bulleteer
on: February 01, 2012, 03:37:22 pm
500cc UCE, triangulated swingarm, monoshock rear, springer front, gorgeous

TCP

• Caseman
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 03:43:36 pm
Man!  I'm drinking that kool aid.  Sweeeeeeet!

Caseman
The Caseman

"Neither rain nor snow nor sleet nor hail
will keep me from riding unless I can't make bail"

1969 Triumph T120R
1972 Triumph T120R OIF
2011 Royal Enfield C5 Classic Chrome

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 04:14:03 pm
                 Well, if you're gonna make a bobber out of an Enfield this is sure an excellent example of what some guys are doing out there nowadays. I haven't built a bike since the Winter of '01/'02 (don't think I'd survive another one) & I miss the hell out it. Seeing stuff like this keeps me from getting Low T (the latest thing they've made a friggin' pill for). This is one gorgeous little bike that has had a lot of blood, sweat & tears poured into it & it looks like it's solid as a rock.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 04:42:27 pm
Holy cow that's gorgeous!!!  I really like the paisleys worked into the paint job.

Scott

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 07:34:33 pm
Holy cow that's gorgeous!!!  I really like the paisleys worked into the paint job.

Scott

Yeah. I had a shirt like that back in the '70s ;>)

And I'll say again: That's a really nice bike with a lot of really nice work in it. I can see hundreds of hours of meticulously thought out, well executed, little details.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 07:53:35 pm
Yeah, super-duper clean execution.

The bike, not your shirt ;)

BRADEY

• Grease Monkey
Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 08:16:01 am
Nice bike yeh !
but there is something that bugs me,
how on earth would you open the rocker covers,
because they are so close to the upper rods supporting the frame ??
but i am sure the builder must have found a way out.......!!

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 02:16:09 pm
Nice bike yeh !
but there is something that bugs me,
how on earth would you open the rocker covers,
because they are so close to the upper rods supporting the frame ??
but i am sure the builder must have found a way out.......!!

You're right. It looks like an awfully tight squeeze, but that frame, whether it's an aftermarket or fabbed by the builder, is a real work of art from the springer front end & wishbone downtubes all the way to the hardtail. I have a feeling it's a one-off frame.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 04:04:50 pm
You don't work on a bike like that silly!  You just look at it!

Okie Enfield

• Grease Monkey
  • RED 2010 C5
Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 07:04:39 pm
 :-\ ewwwww!

TCP

• Caseman
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 07:10:41 pm
Ah.  The healing powers of the Ganges River.

Caseman
The Caseman

"Neither rain nor snow nor sleet nor hail
will keep me from riding unless I can't make bail"

1969 Triumph T120R
1972 Triumph T120R OIF
2011 Royal Enfield C5 Classic Chrome

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 08:56:31 pm
It's hard for me to believe that these same people can fix my computer. But they cant bury a body. The Ganges is lousy with rotting corpses, unbelievable! Anyway, I don't like the bike......
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 11:50:40 pm
the Bolllywood bike oesn't faze me one way or another  Its cool but I'm not interested in changing my enfield in that manner. Jaipur (pink city) is great..Spent a 3 day weekend there at a fantastic hotel,  saw interesting outdoor scientific models used in early astronomy and visited a raj fort with riding elephants, etc..Almost got killed on the road back to Delhi but that's another story...
Oh Magoo you done it again

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 05:55:57 am
the Bolllywood bike oesn't faze me one way or another  Its cool but I'm not interested in changing my enfield in that manner. Jaipur (pink city) is great..Spent a 3 day weekend there at a fantastic hotel,  saw interesting outdoor scientific models used in early astronomy and visited a raj fort with riding elephants, etc..Almost got killed on the road back to Delhi but that's another story...

@GM:

You have remineded me of my amazing visit to Jaipur (The Pink City) and Udaipur two great places in Rajasthan, many many moons ago.  We had participated in a cultural festival at Jaipur and I was in the team from my Panjab University.

One incident stands out - we found a store that sold cold drinks, ice cream and pakoras made of leaves of green stuff know in Hindi as bhang (cannabis sativa in English). Boy, were we surprised to see this place right in the market !  I think it was a legal licensed shop where people could relax after a hard summer day's work.  Some tried this nature's medicinal plant that enhanced the musical talents of some, and one guy just could not stop singing (he was a good singer though) and the entertainment went on till late night to early morning  ;D.

Wokka is right - There is something in the water in Jaipur, especially when it is mixed with the green leaves of their local weed - unleashes creative juices of brain  ;).
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 05:59:13 am by singhg5 »
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 03:42:32 pm
Singh5: I probably seen the same thing but never partakes of those type of delicacies but I'm  thinking it wasn't a Campa Cola or Limca  ;D...I still have lots of pics of my trip there.Its a very historic city that dates back to BC times...Rajasthan is a beautiful part of India especially when the mustard field are in bloom....India is a great place but as a westerner, one must take additional pre-cautions (medical) and be prepared for the unexpected :o...Canabis sativa - well its India for christ sake and it grows like everywhere...There isn't enough roundup in the world...Well I'll shut up on that subject...
Oh Magoo you done it again

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 04:57:00 pm
the Bolllywood bike oesn't faze me one way or another  Its cool but I'm not interested in changing my enfield in that manner.

I'm interested in ALL kinds of bikes. Nobody says you should "change your enfield in that manner" just because a picture of another make or style of bike is posted & commented on.

We shouldn't divide ourselves into groups of "I like This - I don't like that". The government does enough of that for us. ALL types of bike riders need to ALL stick together or the government & the bluenoses & the regulators will DO AWAY with motorcycles.

Relax.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 05:00:09 pm
@GM:

stuff know in Hindi as bhang (cannabis sativa in English).

That's Latin ;>)

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 07:36:06 pm
         I'm interested in ALL kinds of bikes. Nobody says you should "change your enfield in that manner" just because a picture of another make or style of bike is posted & commented on.

We shouldn't divide ourselves into groups of "I like This - I don't like that". The government does enough of that for us. ALL types of bike riders need to ALL stick together or the government & the bluenoses & the regulators will DO AWAY with motorcycles.

Relax.

Can we still hate the Harley posers sitting parked outside Starbucks all day instead of riding?  I mean, since they hardly ever ride they're not really riders anyway, right?

Scott ;)

Okie Enfield

• Grease Monkey
  • RED 2010 C5
Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 07:45:03 pm
I like to sneak up behind them and pull off the tags so they cant return those leathers they just bought 2 hours ago. ;)

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 07:50:34 pm
I just laughed so hard I think I peed a ltitle :D