Author Topic: Sprag Clutch Replacement C5 2010  (Read 15482 times)

TWinOKC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #45 on: November 17, 2012, 01:51:38 am
I wanted to revive this old thread hoping to drawn in someone with  updated information??

JesterNt???
2010  C5  Teal
2011 Triumph Bonneville T100
2015 Scrambler Ducati

fritz1914

• Scooter
Reply #46 on: November 20, 2012, 08:03:20 pm
hi folks,just saw this post.the" spragodeptomey" is a pretty simple matter.if doing it for the first time you will need to order part# dc-4127[3c] from stieber sprag. i ordered mine from allied bearing supply in ft smith ar. or fleck bearing will have them allso allthough fleck in ft smith didnt seam to know how to read mics...anyway that is the correct part # to replace the bearing only.if after several thousands miles you need to replace it again,then you will need to purchase the kit from your dealer and replace the gears as well.bearing cost was about 80 dallors,the whole kit is about 400 i think. do not wast your time and money trying to purchase one from india.it taks forever for them to respond to you and then after several emails they still sent me the wrong part cost about 100 dallors,time and money wasted. i sugest that you purchase the clutch center nut #st-25591-4 from your dealer as well this keeps the gears from movung as its replaced. just a tip as far as other things ive noticed about this bike its seems to like cheep things such as cheep gas no achachol  cheep plugs i use autolite 63  and cheep airfilter, i use napa #2362  the plugs are like 2.50 ea and the filters 5.55  just good stuff to know if you get stranded somewhere or your cheep like me...stay safe

TWinOKC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #47 on: November 20, 2012, 09:02:14 pm
Hi fritz,

thanks for the info.  My starter is still working fine but from reading here it seems to be a weak spot on these bikes.  Glad to know the sprag replacement is a diy job and not going to break the bank.

cheers,

Terry
2010  C5  Teal
2011 Triumph Bonneville T100
2015 Scrambler Ducati