Author Topic: Thinking About Modifications to my G5 Deluxe  (Read 4037 times)

Desi Bike

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 06:08:04 pm
Working on mounting these top the back of the license plate frame. Just a test fit for now. I want to shorten my home made mounts about a quarter inch to get them where I want them to end up.
میں نہیں چاہتا کہ ایک اچار
میں صرف اپنی موٹر سائیکل پر سوار کرنا چاہتے ہیں

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: January 28, 2012, 07:14:50 pm
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

aziai79

• Scooter
Reply #17 on: January 31, 2012, 10:57:25 pm
Thanks everyone for the input, particularly Barenkd (I have been banned from the forum for the last 5 days for being considered "spam"...had to switch browser to Google Chrome to get back on the forum). Barenkd, love the look of the exhaust and handlebars on the G5. Is that exhaust the EFI silencer from NField Gear? Did you have to make any modifications to the rest of the bike to accommodate the upswept exhaust?

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: February 01, 2012, 12:23:00 am
The biggest problem I had was with the angle adapter for the upsweep. The thing just wouldn't quite fit over the exhaust pipe. I tried one of those pipe expanders that harbor Freight sells, but it didn't quite cut it either. I ended up going after the pipe with a blest sander and took off the stock exhaust hook in the process. That cured the problem. There's plenty of meat on the end of the pipe, it's about 1/8" thick. If you leave it in the stock position, you're done, although I think I had to cut and redrill the mounting bar off to get it to reach the rear footpeg mount properly. I needed to move mine inboard and down as much as I could to clear the rearset brake pedal. The rearset story is a tale in itself,
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

aziai79

• Scooter
Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 03:53:29 am
thanks