Author Topic: Royal Enfield Bullet Troubleshooting DVD  (Read 5125 times)

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
on: August 16, 2007, 10:13:52 pm
The above named dvd arrived today, Thank you Kevin...

If you have not thought about this production, nor have seen it, I would very strongly recommend it to the aspiring, but less than mechanically apt rider. If you are not really good at mechanic work, this is the guide for you - I put it in the player, sat down, and watched the not perfect video (remember, this is from a video master). It covered things in a very simple way, explaining things not once, but at least twice, showing problems, causes for those problems, and of course, how to fix them.

From it, I gained sufficient confidence to be able to figure out my electrical problems, my carburation difficulties, and how to set up the clutch..  Not bad  for a financial outlay of $10. What it also did, was to let me know how woefully inadequate my toolbox is - a trip to Harbor Freight is in order, I think.  I will need a good caliper, feeler gauges, micrometer and possibly a bore gauge.  It did not help with the upcoming disc brake fitting, but it makes me happier in myself to even try do things, so..... to recapitulate, it is a very good buy, giving insight into the mysteries of the Bullet, and helps keep it running.

Click here to see the details

aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

VMAX

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 10:46:20 pm
Thanks for your frank assessment of the DVD. I just ordered it for myself & was wondering if it was going to be mechanically technical  or not. I definitely need how to pics & video.
Ride Safe - Check 6 - REA #9
05' RE 500 Classic Bullet ES w/Cozy Bullet
Liberator Motorcycle Ministry

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 11:52:21 pm
If you can follow simple direction, with no fancy technical stuff attached, you will be able to do quite a lot of troubleshooting with this dvd.
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 08:11:56 pm
We have sold this DVD for quite a while. I keep it available because of the basic nature of the advice given in it. Almost EVERYTHING that goes wrong with a Bullet (or for most any vintage type machine) is basic in nature. When I taught auto-shop one of the most difficult things to teach students was to always look at the basics first. Rarely is a problem difficult or technically advanced, most problems are VERY VERY basic. BAd connection, loose fastener etc. This DVD is very good for that.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com