Author Topic: The Enfield Musket - A Pleasant Surprise  (Read 3291 times)

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
on: December 11, 2011, 05:43:01 pm
         The mailman brought my Issue #115 of The Horse a couple weeks ago & only this morning I got to spend an hour with it. Wife off to a wedding. I go to no weddings any more  - the per capita of drunk idiots & other fools is too high for me & I'm sick to death of tattoo & Orange County Chopper (clowns) questions.

I just finished an article on a gorgeously tasty S&S  Knucklehead bobber in a Santee straight-leg & turned to page 28/29 & there in all its glory was Aniket Vardhan's Royal Enfield V-Twin Musket that I've been reading stuff about here ever since I joined. 

The pictures of the early work on the cases & then of the finished product are beautiful. Crystal clear as usual for The Horse (the only bike mag I've subcribed to since the late '70s when it was Iron Horse). This engine is about as impressive as the 3 cylinder harley "big triplet" that some genius built quite a number of years ago. A friend of mine saw it live & in living color & saw it run. He said he couldn't believe he was actually seeing what he was seeing.

Aniket should go in with the best of them in the motorcycle history books. What he has done is NOT an easy thing to do.

I would post this to all 3 lists, but I don't know how.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 06:09:37 pm
  I would post this to all 3 lists, but I don't know how.

Easy enough. Go into your message and select the text you want. (Put the cursor at the beginning of the text and with the left mouse button held down, drag the cursor to the end of the text you want. Let go of the button.  The text should all be highlighted.
Hit cntrl-C (copy), go the the list you want and start a new entry. Go into the entry field and hit cntrl-V (paste) and your highlighted text will appear there.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 06:38:51 pm
Easy enough. Go into your message and select the text you want. (Put the cursor at the beginning of the text and with the left mouse button held down, drag the cursor to the end of the text you want. Let go of the button.  The text should all be highlighted.
Hit cntrl-C (copy), go the the list you want and start a new entry. Go into the entry field and hit cntrl-V (paste) and your highlighted text will appear there.
Bare

Well, that's cool. Thanks. It's just like email or a website.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 12:58:05 am
From time to time, I look at the videos of Aniket and love the sound of his Musket 700cc V-twin Royal Enfield that he has engineered.  

Below is a link to his website with some interesting pictures where two brilliant minds meet with their creations -  Chumma with his ACE-Fireball #1 and Aniket with his twin Musket.  Both incredible bikes.

http://www.musketvtwin.com/index.html
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 01:28:37 am by singhg5 »
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 01:23:20 am
what a masterpiece....so great to see genius spring forth and produce art on two wheels...really like this  website.... ;D
Oh Magoo you done it again

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 10:54:40 pm
That engine kit will eventually be available.
Chumma and I keep prodding Aniket to finish up that 1000cc crankcase that accepts two Bullet 500 top ends.

I'm hoping for spring.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

bullethead63

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Run what ya brung..." Paul Saint Clair
Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 11:46:10 pm
When the new 1000cc cases are available,two of my Bullets may be in for a BIG surprise... ;D
1959 Royal Enfield/Indian Chief 700~(RED)~1999 Bullet Deluxe 500 KS~(BLUE)~2000  Bullet Classic 500 KS~(WHITE)~2002 Bullet Classic 500 ES~(GREEN)~1973 Triumph Tiger 750~(BLUE & WHITE)~Ride-Wrench-Repeat~your results may vary~void where prohibited by law~batteries not included~some assembly required~

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 01:06:27 am
When the new 1000cc cases are available,two of my Bullets may be in for a BIG surprise... ;D

I think it's exciting too.
I can't wait to put two Fireball 535 kits on there for 1070cc.
 :o
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Byway

• Inner State.
  • Scooter
Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 05:35:22 am
I had the pleasure of meeting Aniket (and Chumma) at the AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days event in Ohio this past Summer.  They're both great guys.
I took the Musket on a very brief spin around the "block" but there were so many people walking around I got it into second gear only once and that was very brief.  I'm pretty sure I had a silly grin on my face the whole time.  ;D
I'm hoping to build his v-twin engine kit next year as soon as it becomes available.  I have big plans of turning my stock '01 Bullet into a custom, strongly resembling a late 40's to early 50's Model G or Model J.  Of course, it will have a Model K element to it with the v-twin!
I've been missing off of this forum for at least a couple of years but I plan on keeping everyone posted regarding my progress.  I can't wait to begin!
2001 Royal Enfield Bullet Classic;  1988 Yamaha Virago 535;  1999 Suzuki Katana 600; 2001 Honda CN250 Helix;  1972 Honda CB350SS.