HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

At the big tree, McBaine, MO

in
Members Rides

NField Gear

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2016, 04:15:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Royal Enfield and sidecar - Possible choices ???  (Read 1679 times)

rabbit7

• Neophyte
Royal Enfield and sidecar - Possible choices ???
« on: February 24, 2012, 08:12:17 am »
I have a choice between a Bullet 500 with Cosy sidecar or a Classic 500 with an Inder sidecar.  Both new.  Does anybody have any suggestion especially concerning these 2 different sidecars or with bike does the sidecar thing better.

Rabbit7

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Re: Royal Enfield and sidecar - Possible choices ???
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 10:32:15 am »
What model years are the two bikes? US model names seem to be different from the Canadian names.      If they are the same year go for the one with a square rear tire if possible. 

As far as the car.   I have Cozy Rocket with trunk access from behind the seat. (they make em both ways)

I like it because I can get in the trunk even if I have stuff tied to the luggage rack,  I also decided to leave the windshield in the garage as I like the cleaner lines of it without.   

The tail light and side marker that come with the Cozy were sub par in my opinion,  I replaced them with modern LEDs.   

I was looking into an Inder as some of them have a brake for the third wheel but they were not available at the time.   I have heard they are narrower and a bit more finicky of a setup.  Not really a good thing IMO. 
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *