Author Topic: New rider - RE invoice price?  (Read 12906 times)

chupa88

• Scooter
Reply #30 on: November 11, 2011, 05:53:46 am

PRICE
If money is short you can always get a B5, replace the tank badges with something less Bollywood and fit a solo seat and rack. They brush up pretty well.

How do you replace the tank badge?  Bollywood is exactly the look and feel of the B5 logo!  A bit too gaudy for me.

TCP

• Caseman
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #31 on: November 11, 2011, 07:30:48 am
Got it......

Good to know about the jumper on the headlight.

The Caseman

"Neither rain nor snow nor sleet nor hail
will keep me from riding unless I can't make bail"

1969 Triumph T120R
1972 Triumph T120R OIF
2011 Royal Enfield C5 Classic Chrome

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #32 on: November 11, 2011, 03:57:48 pm
SinghG5 has a video on it posted somewhere here, along with many others.

The tank badge comes right off with a few screws.  I believe one forum member mounted these:
http://bulletwala.com/fuel-tanks/trims-and-decals/classic-royal-enfield-heavy-brass-petrol-tank-decal-set.html
though he had to bend them just a tad to make them fit.

I kinda like the cheesy look of the stock badge, but it is just thin stamped metal.  And I have to say, there's no way anyone could not like these classic brass beauties.  If I ever repainted I'd have to figure out a way to fit these to my tank.

If you want to be a little more hooligan you could try these:
http://bulletwala.com/rare-universal-winged-royal-enfield-toolbox-brass-badge.html
Probably not a direct bolt on, and I'm guessing they were never a factory option ;)

Scott
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 04:03:04 pm by Ducati Scotty »

TCP

• Caseman
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #33 on: November 11, 2011, 04:02:49 pm
I will settle for the crown & cannon "Made Like A Gun" water transfer.

That's the one thing missing from the C5 Custom Chrome.

I bought one, but it was the one for the gas tank.

I will order a larger one, and put it on the battery box.

Just haven't got around to it yet.

Gotta have the Crown & Cannon.

Caseman
The Caseman

1969 Triumph T120R
1972 Triumph T120R OIF

Maturin

• Grand Gearhead
  • My Precious
Reply #34 on: November 11, 2011, 05:38:35 pm
Welcome to the forum chupa! I guess a B5 without the tank badge would have quite a straight, even archaic look. Maybe a little bit like a Velocette, these felt fallen off their time even in the 60ies. I like the idea, though I think just like Scott that some parts are simply "enfildish" and should be kept that way , even if Bollywood shines through, sometimes  ;D
Regards
2010 G5
A Garage without a Bullet is a empty, barren hole.

When acellerating the tears of emotion must flow off horizontally to the ears.
Walter Röhrl

chupa88

• Scooter
Reply #35 on: November 11, 2011, 07:20:12 pm
I think what I really have my heart set on is the C5 Classic in Black with a kick start.  And I'll prob have to lower the seat a bit to get my feet completely flat on the ground.  I may get it tomorrow if I can work out a deal with the dealer but getting the seat lower is prob gonna take another week or so, which means I have to go back.  The dealer is two hrs away, so that's kinda annoying!

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #36 on: November 11, 2011, 08:32:48 pm
You can also repad the seat yourself to make it lower.  I repadded mine but for comfort, not height.  The stock cover is simply held on with contact cement, comes off very easily, and the stock foam comes off easily in one piece.  Don't be afraid to try your hand at shaping your own seat. There are plenty of tutorials on the web.

Scott

Alan LaRue

• Bulleteer
  • Commute Time is Not the Worst Time of Day
Reply #37 on: November 11, 2011, 10:10:28 pm
I'm 5'8.5" with a 32" inseam, and have no trouble flat footing when wearing boots. Even in sneakers, I'm almost flat footed. Really, getting both feet flat is not necessary. If you have the balls of both feet on the ground, or one foot flat and the other on your toes, you're really okay. It's not like this bike weighs 600 lbs. Hardly anyone can touch both feet to the ground on a dirt bike, but once you learn to ride one it isn't a problem. You wouldn't want a street bike THAT tall, of course, but leaning over a bit while stopped is no big deal, and not really even a small deal.
Chinese food beats hopes and dreams any day.

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #38 on: November 13, 2011, 05:08:21 am
How do you replace the tank badge?  Bollywood is exactly the look and feel of the B5 logo!  A bit too gaudy for me.

I just got some solid brass ones from India on Ebay (pic below).Alternatives include using the round badge from the Interceptor or simply filling the holes and applying a tank decal.

chupa88

• Scooter
Reply #39 on: November 14, 2011, 03:14:48 am
Update: No bike this weekend.  I called a dealer a couple hours away with 2011s and he couldn't be bothered with me.  I was all ready to put doen $6k on a 2011!  I asked for an email for the price and fees and he basically said he was too busy to take 10min to do that. 

So no RE for me for the time being.  I got turned onto some Honda cafe racers by a friend.  I just wanna ride before the snow gets here!

Lwt Big Cheese

• Grand Gearhead
  • Getting there, slowly...
Reply #40 on: November 14, 2011, 10:25:30 am
Good grief. Imagine what his customer service is like AFTER he has your money!
No warranty implied or given.
Packed in a protective atmosphere.
May contain nuts.

chupa88

• Scooter
Reply #41 on: November 14, 2011, 02:01:40 pm
Good grief. Imagine what his customer service is like AFTER he has your money!

No kidding.  There a non-dealer selling a new 2010.  What are the implications of buying a new bike from a non-dealer.  What happens when I need warranty work done?

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #42 on: November 14, 2011, 02:57:33 pm
Find a dealer you would like to work with in buying the bike, accessories, and having warranty work done (yes, things will need to be fixed). 

DON'T try to whilttle the price down so much that they get tired of you.  Support the dealer and tell your friends.
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

TCP

• Caseman
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #43 on: November 14, 2011, 03:21:04 pm
Did you try national power sports in NH???

These guys were very responsive and although I didn't get anything off the price of the bike, I did get them to lower the price a bit on the prep in order to offset some of the shipping costs to Miami.  Also got them to throw in a cover and headlight eyebrow since they couldn't lower the price.

After the sale, they have been very responsive as far as sending me additional parts I have ordered such as filters, EFI exhaust.

Try them.  They will welcome your business.

Caseman
The Caseman

1969 Triumph T120R
1972 Triumph T120R OIF

chupa88

• Scooter
Reply #44 on: November 14, 2011, 03:28:51 pm
Did you try national power sports in NH???

I did but they didn't have 2011 C5s in black.  They have 2010 without the kickstart and 2011 chrome which doesn't interest me that much - too much bling!

I like the understated black.  Maybe I just have to do without the kickstart or wait til the spring?