Author Topic: 500 UCE trans  (Read 1476 times)

busmec

• Scooter
on: November 07, 2011, 01:55:21 am
I bought a new 2011 B5 in Sept. and at 102 mi. the shift lever pulled out  and fell down the dealer came picked up bike repaired it , ordered parts put back together so i could ride it for awhile but at 350 mi the shaft came out again and I'm waiting on parts. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Both times this happened the bike was in 5Th gear.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 01:49:01 am
This is something that I worked on ...... I'm sure that the dealer can call CMW and get it fixed. You'll probably end up with a new engine ......  ::)
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

Chiefharlock

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 01:01:46 pm
Speaking of new engines,  anyone know what a new UCE costs?  Totally had the idea to do a custom bobber with an RE engine :-)
Ton Up!

busmec

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 06:05:35 pm
Is there somewhere  I can get a exploaded view of this trans assy or complete engine assy. I've looked on line for manuals but none seem to have what I'm looking for , i don't mind paying for a good manual , but i want it to cover my bike.

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 06:38:29 pm
Is there somewhere  I can get a exploaded view of this trans assy or complete engine assy.

The Service Manual from Nfield Gear has a pretty good exploded view of all the UCE engine part/assys. Some of the stuff isn't real clear on how it attaches to the other bits, like the shift mechanism to the gears. A parts manual would be helpful, too.
I went to the shop and they had a disassembled engine. That cleared up a few of questions  I had about the gearbox.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 06:57:16 pm
Didn't someone's daughter just have this problem on a long trip?  They pulled into a V-twin shop somewhere in the south and got it fixed by some very knowedgeable gentleman. 

It could be something simple or something far worse.  Get the shop to open it up and take a look.

Scott

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 07:22:28 pm
Didn't someone's daughter just have this problem on a long trip?  They pulled into a V-twin shop somewhere in the south and got it fixed by some very knowedgeable gentleman.

She dropped the bike and it bent the tang that the shaft engages to shift the gears, so her shifter would spin around. All that one required was to straighten out the tang.

The same tang would have to come loose from the shaft to let the shifter arm drop. I'm not sure how it's is connected, but the repair should be fairly easy. You have to remove only the timing cover to get to it. How ever he repaired it just didn't hold up. 
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer

Marrtyn

• Bulleteer
Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 09:14:27 am
Is there somewhere  I can get a exploaded view of this trans assy or complete engine assy. I've looked on line for manuals but none seem to have what I'm looking for , i don't mind paying for a good manual , but i want it to cover my bike.
Look on www.star-team.es, and go thro the links and you will find a complete spares manual  for the G5 (PDF doc.). Very handy.

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 05:27:40 pm
Found that parts catalogue. Hope the part numbers are all still the same.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer