Author Topic: EFI Light.  (Read 2532 times)

hocko

• Grease Monkey
on: October 27, 2011, 11:35:04 pm
Hi all again. Just a query (As usual). I have 8000km on my '09 G5. I commute about 300km per week, mainly highway. I've noticed over the last week or so, that when I go to start up. I wait until the red light goes out and then I start the motor. The red light then comes back on for a few seconds then goes out and stays out Also very occasionally the engine will stall and take a couple of cranks to restart. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I'm not too concerned at this stage as the engine runs like a dream. Just curious.

Cheers  ???

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 12:21:09 am
Hi all again. Just a query (As usual). I have 8000km on my '09 G5. I commute about 300km per week, mainly highway. I've noticed over the last week or so, that when I go to start up. I wait until the red light goes out and then I start the motor. The red light then comes back on for a few seconds then goes out and stays out Also very occasionally the engine will stall and take a couple of cranks to restart. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I'm not too concerned at this stage as the engine runs like a dream. Just curious.

Cheers  ???

My B5 would occasionally stall at idle when I experimentally set the idle speed ridiculously low (it was so low the auto decompressor occasionally kicked in) but the engine light never came on.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 01:18:54 am
Email me off the forum and I'll give you the poop on that little event ......
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 03:05:29 am
Too bad you can't put the poop here so the rest of us will know what's going on. :(
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 01:07:18 pm
Too bad you can't put the poop here so the rest of us will know what's going on. :(

SOME information is just too good to post here! Email me - I'm happy to tell you what I think the deal is .....  ;)
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

palace15

• Bulleteer
Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 11:11:51 pm
Email me off the forum and I'll give you the poop on that little event ......

Come on Bob, share the poop! ;D
You will always find that women that have lost thier virginity, still have the box it came in!

Royal Enfield, making mechanics out of owners since 1893.

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 12:01:59 am
My B5 would occasionally stall at idle when I experimentally set the idle speed ridiculously low (it was so low the auto decompressor occasionally kicked in) but the engine light never came on.

Today mine started up at a very low RPM. It has done that before and when I try to roll it on it quits. Today, I found out why, it started slowly and I was messing with the mirrors so I wasn't ready to go. After several second I heard the clack of the decompressor  releasing the valve and the RPM went up to where it should be. I've never noticed whether or not the ECU light comes on or not.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com