Author Topic: new member  (Read 1158 times)

bonkers

• Scooter
on: October 24, 2011, 09:26:52 pm
Here's my first message on this RE forum, a message from Holland.
So let me introduce myself at first; I've been riding English bikes since I started at the age of 18, so that's 34 years ago. The first bike was a '69 Triumph T120,which let me down after just a few rides! Then the Triton came, a Wideline featherbed with a T150 V triple in it. A beautiful machine which I kept for almost thirty years. I also had 4 Norton Commando's and drove many, many 2 valve Beemers.
4 years ago we saw the advert for doing India, the high passes, by Enfield. Well, my wife and I did so. We've never been so sick, because off the extreme heights and never have been so cold, but my god, we loved those tiny bikes!!
Now we are 4 years further and I had my first ride on the new EFI last week over here.
And it will not be a suprise to all off you that, after looking at the new B5 I am totally convinced that this one is gonna be mine and even maybe  hers as well.
This must be the bike for sunday morning trips or via B roads to the south off France, the Alps, Dolomite's and Pyrenees!!
For A roads and 100 MPH+ I keep the Moto Guzzi Le Mans, a ice blue '76.
So my first question overhere is; is the so called EFI silencer the same as;http://www.royal-enfield.com/index.php/shop/accessories/34/220/accessories/exhausts/P-sports-silencer?
When I read all the posts I think a 18 teeth sprocket and a more sportive and shorter silencer will be the first parts to exchange.
Till so far my introduction, sorry if I made to much mistakes because off the language!
For now, can't wait to order one! Ciao.
Before;
Triumph T120- Norton Commando 5x
Triton T150V tripple- BMW R80
BMW R100RS- BMW R100S
BMW R80 G/S- BMW R80 GS
BMW R100 GS- BMW R80 GS Basic
BMW R100 CS- BMW R80 ST
BMW R NineT- Buell S2
Moto Guzzi V7 Sport- Moto Guzzi Le Mans 1 Ice Blue
Current;
Stealth Black C5 RE- BMW R100 Monolever 7 rock

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 09:44:55 pm
Welcome to the forum. we all know you will love the Enfield.
I don't think it's the quite the same as we're getting. It appears to be longer but the ones we get in the US don't have the heat shield on them but the end of the body only goes back to the shock mount bolt.  Talk to your parts distributor and ask them what they look like inside. The EFI silencers have about a 1/2" hole inside running the length of the silencer baffling.
On the other hand, I'm sure that one would be superior to the stock one.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Alan LaRue

• Bulleteer
  • Commute Time is Not the Worst Time of Day
Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 10:46:49 pm
Welcome aboard!
Chinese food beats hopes and dreams any day.

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 10:52:15 pm
I have 2000km up on my B5 and its running better and better every day. You will not regret buying a B5.

TWinOKC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 12:11:51 am
Welcome to the RE forum bonkers!  I know you gonna love your new RE and your wife rides too?  What a bonus.

:)

Terry
2010  C5  Teal
2011 Triumph Bonneville T100
2015 Scrambler Ducati