Author Topic: INTERCEPTOR MK11 FRONT FORKS  (Read 1941 times)

Andy Downes

• Scooter
on: October 23, 2011, 01:22:50 pm
Hi, what type of Norton Forks are fitted to the MK11 - Long or Short Roadholders, many thanks Andy Downes

Bullet Whisperer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 11:38:03 am
Hi Andy,
 I have an S II Interceptor and I would say they are  the long ones, they are certainly longer than the ones on a Norton Navigator I have and the 'Short' ones on our 500 racer, also a Dommie I worked on recently seemed to have shorter ones.
 B.W.

Andy Downes

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 04:52:24 pm
Hi BW, thank you very much for your reply. To confuse matters even more I have been told that they are in fact forks of a Matchless G15!!!!! Still will find out eventually. My wife is going nuts as she bought me the bike and tells me just to ride and enjoy it. She may have a point! Andy Downes.

steve linsdell

• Neophyte
Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 01:27:37 pm
The difference with the forks used on the Series Two from the std long road holders are that the damper cartridge inside is also longer. (not just the rods) I believe that Burton Bike Bits have these. This caused a problem for a friend years ago with a change from a Rickman interceptor to a standard frame.  it was always low at the front!
SL

Andy Downes

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 06:01:03 pm
Hi, sorry about slow reply, home chores etc. I am honoured that the great man has responded thank you Steve, good info, still looking for the parts. A superb result in the Island, more power to your elbow, safe riding, regards, Andy Downes.