Author Topic: Oil Filter  (Read 1734 times)

Chiefharlock

• Bulleteer
on: October 16, 2011, 09:10:53 pm
Has anyone tried cross referencing the part number for the oil filter that is used in the UCE engine? It'd be nice to see if there was something available local instead of having to either order a set of 5 filters for 60 bucks or having to ride all the way to Rolla to pick one up.

Thanks for any info you may have.

Jason
Ton Up!

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 09:33:36 pm
Just do an internet search on the part # and you should find yourself at ebay shopping for some filters from India.  Yes, the USA price is ridiculous and if you think you want to try another source, go for it.
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 10:23:54 pm
$12 for and oil filter and all the O-rings, etc doesn't seem out of line.  Bikebandit.com wants $12.06 for an oem oil filter for my W650 and $13.36 for my Triumph.
  Wouldn't Interstate Motorcycles in Rolla mail them to you?  If it were me, and it isn't, I wouldn't miss a chance to hang around that place, probably the best Royal Enfield dealer on the planet.
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

Tri750

• Big Al
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 11:32:18 pm
I think we charge 10 or 10.95 for the filter and rings.
Not the end of the world. We suggest oil and filter at 3k miles. The book I think has it a bit longer
Considering there are no valves to adjust, they don't use oil, it's the price of admission.
No shipping charges to RE forum members. conus.
Current bikes:
'71 BMW R75/5 racer
'73 Kaw Z1 racer
'77 Tri 750 Bonneville
'99 BMW R1100RT

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 11:40:47 pm
  Wouldn't Interstate Motorcycles in Rolla mail them to you?  If it were me, and it isn't, I wouldn't miss a chance to hang around that place, probably the best Royal Enfield dealer on the planet.
Yep
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Chiefharlock

• Bulleteer
Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 11:50:19 pm
Oh, I can definitely drive up to Interstate Motorcycles for filters and O-rings, and I love to hang out up at the shop.  Bill and the crew up there are totally righteous to hang out and shoot the bull with, heck, Bill sold me my totally rad C5! :-D  I just don't always have the time to roll up there is all.  

I know I can go a bit further, I just wanted to get ahead of the power curve with things.
Ton Up!

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 11:58:31 pm

Ditto THAT!! Slam and his crew are some of the best out there!
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 12:51:28 am
I just don't always have the time to roll up there is all.  

If you're a really busy type, buy a 5 pack and be set for a while.  If you're a little busy just buy two.  That way you have one for now and one for next time.  Then next time you change it, the parts are already on the shelf so you just pick up oil and go.  Then get down to the shop as soon as is convenient and get another filter and set of o-rings to put on the shelf for next time.  This way you always have the parts when you need them but you still get to go to the shop and hang out for a while every oil change, but it's whenever it's convenient for you ;)

Being a fairly new dad and having my wife just starting work again recently, hanging out at the shop for half an hour is about all the socializing I get these days :)  Now if I can only get them to serve beer at the shop...

Scott

indyogb

• .22 Bulleteer
  • Scooter
Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 02:50:45 am
Just to echo others, I kinda bit the bullet (:D) and bought the five pack.  Really, I guess 5 for $60 isn't that bad.  Especially considering it comes with a million gaskets / o-rings (speaking of which are some of these extraneous/generic - only one of the o-rings matched up for me; gaskets were both different than what's on there).

Is there a spin-on filter adapter made for the UCE?  That might be nice.  Especially if it could be had with a Chevy small-block filter.  Might be a little big, but they are cheap.

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 05:02:55 am
Just to echo others, I kinda bit the bullet (:D) and bought the five pack.  Really, I guess 5 for $60 isn't that bad.  Especially considering it comes with a million gaskets / o-rings (speaking of which are some of these extraneous/generic - only one of the o-rings matched up for me; gaskets were both different than what's on there).

Is there a spin-on filter adapter made for the UCE?  That might be nice.  Especially if it could be had with a Chevy small-block filter.  Might be a little big, but they are cheap.

They make up those packets to work with different models so they put in all possible combinations of O-rings, etc. 
Don't know of a spin-on adapter, maybe that will be Ace's next project.
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com