Author Topic: new milary color  (Read 7097 times)

Desi Bike

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 08:27:37 pm
How about a big ole yella smiley face.  Its understood the world over as a peaceful sign.
میں نہیں چاہتا کہ ایک اچار
میں صرف اپنی موٹر سائیکل پر سوار کرنا چاہتے ہیں

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 01:37:55 am
I did a Luftcroissen on my CJ750 in desert tan ..... it looks good and didn't cause too much controversy ......

Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #17 on: October 18, 2011, 01:41:43 am
Here is a pic that I had on the hard drive .....

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 02:02:55 am
I do not recall the Balkan Cross being used on Motorcycles much. It was relatively common on armored vehicles and aircraft but not so much motorcycles.

If you want to do Deutsch Afrika Korp but want to avoid the swastika one of the better solutions is to replace the Swastika normally in the center of the Palm Tree insignia with the initials DAK.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 01:48:06 pm
I do not recall the Balkan Cross being used on Motorcycles much. It was relatively common on armored vehicles and aircraft but not so much motorcycles.

If you want to do Deutsch Afrika Korp but want to avoid the swastika one of the better solutions is to replace the Swastika normally in the center of the Palm Tree insignia with the initials DAK.

You are correct - I don't think it was ever on anything either - but it "LOOKS" like it's supposed to be there - and again - not offensive on a daily driver. SOME people get all upset over wanton display of any WWII German symbols .... And that DAK Palm Tree has been on the nose of a couple of CJ desert rigs that I sold ..... I happen to LIKE that one!

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: October 18, 2011, 04:49:48 pm
The frame on my Nortless was powdercoated. I wasn't terribly impressed by it's durability. I didn't particularly think it was any better then a regular old paint job. My only impression was that it was easier to get an even layer on, but there wasn't any difference in the paint once it as applied.
bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 01:53:01 am
The frame on my Nortless was powdercoated. I wasn't terribly impressed by it's durability. I didn't particularly think it was any better then a regular old paint job. My only impression was that it was easier to get an even layer on, but there wasn't any difference in the paint once it as applied.
bare

I'm not a huge fan of powder coating either .... on the older bikes that I do, I apply the lacquer on the frame with a red sable brush - just like the factory did. It's durable, easy to touch up and IF you ever have to get into it again - easy to REMOVE ...... "just paint" wins for me ....

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 04:17:49 am
Powder coat was originally intended to be applied over a manganese phosphate coated substrate I.E. parkerized metal.

Done in that fashion it will not peel and is near indestructible.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

bman734

• Grease Monkey
  • If it smells nasty, don't eat it
Reply #23 on: October 23, 2011, 02:31:42 pm
I don't like the tan look at all. It's very hard to find the proper mud color to run the bike through to touch up the paint job. I have a C5 military and find that most of the mud puddles here are pretty close to OD green and so having the tan would ruin the look in these parts. I've had the bike for 5 months and have yet to wash it. Plus I have the powder coated wheels and can't imagine having chrome. Please Kevin, keep the whells OD green!  :o
Royal Enfield C5 Military
Suzuki SP370
Honda CX650
Yamaha XS650

Darkside

• Scooter
Reply #24 on: October 23, 2011, 02:46:24 pm
NON TIMEBO MALA.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #25 on: October 23, 2011, 04:55:09 pm
http://www.vmccnorwich.co.uk/16Hweb.jpg
From the 8th Army..

My WM20 BSA aspires to be that bike again .... Hahaha!

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 01:06:23 am
I've had the bike for 5 months and have yet to wash it.

Ducati Dark is just like that.  Dirt doesn't show much on the flat black.  I washed it once a year before I put it away for the winter.  Then I stopped putting it away for the winter so avoided that pesky chore altogether :)

Scott

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #27 on: October 25, 2011, 02:13:00 am
Ducati Dark is just like that.  Dirt doesn't show much on the flat black.  I washed it once a year before I put it away for the winter.  Then I stopped putting it away for the winter so avoided that pesky chore altogether :)

Scott
Atta BOY!!

bman734

• Grease Monkey
  • If it smells nasty, don't eat it
Reply #28 on: October 29, 2011, 12:51:56 pm
I don 't feel bad not washing my bike, I don't feel ashamed either. I'm basically just GD lazy, and proud of it. OD green works for me!
Royal Enfield C5 Military
Suzuki SP370
Honda CX650
Yamaha XS650

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #29 on: October 29, 2011, 05:19:51 pm
I don 't feel bad not washing my bike, I don't feel ashamed either. I'm basically just GD lazy, and proud of it. OD green works for me!

Hmmmmmm - I could have written that!! Hahahaha!!