Author Topic: Goodbye to my C5  (Read 1899 times)

Tecomakeith

• Scooter
on: October 12, 2011, 02:26:50 am
Well I finally bit the Bullet and selling my RE. After having done a lot of riding on it I decided to sell it. I have done alot of Highway riding 100 to 110 Klm/hour it gets close to it's top limit. But I still love British inspired bikes and have bought a Triumph Thunderbird 900 cruiser which has only done 15 thousand k's since 2002 and garaged up for 7 years, it's in immaculate showroom condition and a price I couldn't refuse. So one has to go now say's the other half and must be obeyed.  

Adieus’ and hope still to see a lot more RE's on the road I'm sure off in Australia. ;D

P.S Maroon was and is the best colour.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 02:29:43 am by Tecomakeith »

clubman

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 09:26:31 am
Totally understand your reason and came to the same conclusion myself, though I kept mine as a second bike. I feel a bit miffed because Watsonian, (UK importers), advertised the UCE as “reliable, everyday transport” for a brief period at the time I ordered mine. This was a marked contrast to their pre-UCE website which said quite clearly “if you do a lot of highway riding you should buy a Japanese bike.” So naturally I thought that the UCE had changed the game but in fact it hasn’t. Sure the motor will hold 70, (112kph), but, as I discovered the hard way, it will shake itself to bits in the process. Now I just use it for back road Sunday rides and if I have to use a highway don’t exceed 60 except for the odd overtake. Anyway, enjoy your Triumph and whilst I never entered the C5 colour debate till now as I have a G5 I will say I always loved the maroon.

Lwt Big Cheese

• Grand Gearhead
  • Getting there, slowly...
Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 09:42:30 am
Hold 70!

WOW!!!

I do 45 -50, and if the conditions are favourable 56mph!!!

No warranty implied or given.
Packed in a protective atmosphere.
May contain nuts.

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 05:04:27 pm
I find that around 100kph (62 mph) works about right for mine, although it has gotten up to 75 mph occasionally for  passing. I did run it to 84 once just to see how fast it would go.
However the big difference comes in the mileage department. My previous tank ran 174 miles with about 90% freeway riding. I got 65.5 mpg. The latest run was 202 miles including an 80 mile mountain ride with the BSA club. the rest of it was on the streets, maybe a max of about 10 miles of freeway riding. It turned 76.5 on that tank. I usually average about 71 mpg per tankful and it definitely hedges one way or the other depending on freeway use.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

TWinOKC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 05:22:09 pm
Totally understand your reason and came to the same conclusion myself, though I kept mine as a second bike. I feel a bit miffed because Watsonian, (UK importers), advertised the UCE as “reliable, everyday transport” for a brief period at the time I ordered mine. This was a marked contrast to their pre-UCE website which said quite clearly “if you do a lot of highway riding you should buy a Japanese bike.” So naturally I thought that the UCE had changed the game but in fact it hasn’t. Sure the motor will hold 70, (112kph), but, as I discovered the hard way, it will shake itself to bits in the process. Now I just use it for back road Sunday rides and if I have to use a highway don’t exceed 60 except for the odd overtake. Anyway, enjoy your Triumph and whilst I never entered the C5 colour debate till now as I have a G5 I will say I always loved the maroon.

+1  I really like my RE, it has been very dependable, always draws a crowd at bike events, it is not a high speed bike.   I got another with a little more power to ride for times when the wife wants to ride along.  Works out great for me.    

2010  C5  Teal
2011 Triumph Bonneville T100
2015 Scrambler Ducati