Author Topic: My New Plan  (Read 96496 times)

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #375 on: February 06, 2016, 10:52:35 pm
Sweet!

Keeping an eye on that air filter?  ;)

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #376 on: February 21, 2018, 09:55:45 pm
Been a while, but I've had it in the US for over a year and it's finally running like a top.  Gave it a shakedown trip of about two weeks to a training site a few hours away, involving a lot of backroad daily driving to and from my hotel and the site-to-home.  Last few weeks of wildly varying temps have made starting a bit of an ordeal at times, but largely it's one or two kicks and going.

Couple of things had been contributing to a high-speed chassis weave, but that's largely ironed out.  I took the tacho off when it started acting funny...may or may not put the recommended tried-and-true VDO on.

One pic of it with the dirt track bars here, and two with the clubmans I just installed as an experiment.  We'll see if I end up liking the lower riding position or not as the weather warms up and I can hit some twisties.  Right now, the little tracker headlamp makes it look like a squished up pug, and the too-long cables are apparent, but it's an ergonomic exercise, not aesthetic. (also accounting for the mixed mirrors...just trying out what works best...)

If it stays with the low bars, I foresee addition of a larger headlight bucket, flyscreen, nose-bowl fairing, or maybe even a Rickman/Avon style half fairing someday.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #377 on: February 22, 2018, 01:47:28 am
Awesome!  Can't believe it's been almost exactly 2 years since you've posted on this thread.  Glad to see and hear things are coming together for you.

I'm currently all in on a full engine rebuild for the Blackhawk.  It's been an interesting ordeal to say the least.
2001 Harley Davidson Road King