Author Topic: Progressive MC Show in DC  (Read 2096 times)

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
on: February 20, 2018, 01:07:59 pm
Anyone here going to the motorcycle show in DC this weekend? My plan is to go on Friday, to avoid the weekend crowd.
ACE Motors - sales & administration

hpwaco

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 09:56:01 pm
Hope you enjoy the show.  As Kevin said,  its not as big as it was during the early years.   We went to the Dallas show on Sunday avoiding most of crowd and took the "tour" which was quite  informative.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 03:03:21 am
Anyone here going to the motorcycle show in DC this weekend? My plan is to go on Friday, to avoid the weekend crowd.

I'm just down in Woodbridge. How you getting up there to the show, Metro? Friday's weather outlook doesn't seem like it'll be anything near as "Biker Glorious" as today's was. Had a great long ride. Hours and hours and hours of windy country two lane blacktop topped off with the spiced shrimp lunch just a couple-few miles from home at Crosby's Crab Co.--probably my kids' favorite place to eat on a sunny day, and for today's solo road-dogging purposes appropriately tucked into your grandaddy's favorite old filling station...

« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 03:30:53 am by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 01:34:03 pm
A friend and I will drive to Pentagon City and park. We’ll do the train to downtown.
  I got two free tickets from a buddy at Coleman’s.
Naturally, I’ll be looking for the RE set up there.
ACE Motors - sales & administration

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 06:14:26 pm
Bilgemaster

Nice picture but, where's the Enfield?

You know, it's against the rules to show pictures of places without your RE proudly sitting somewhere in them.  ;D ;D 8)
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 07:05:20 pm
Bilgemaster

Nice picture but, where's the Enfield?

You know, it's against the rules to show pictures of places without your RE proudly sitting somewhere in them.  ;D ;D 8)

Sorry, it's parked inside by the beer cooler.
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 09:57:28 pm
I should be there, with daughter in tow.

Arriving via metro rather than dealing with parking in the city (bike, car, or anything!)

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: February 24, 2018, 07:24:05 pm
Enjoyed that very much, but only stayed until the 7-year old attention span was full up.  Norton owners club had some nice Commandos on display, and the RE twins certainly look like a step up in finish from earlier bikes.  Maybe I shouldn't be so cynical about them.