Author Topic: Best Rest accessory company up for sale  (Read 1239 times)

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
on: February 21, 2018, 10:20:50 pm
I have bought a number of neat motorcycle and camping farkles over the years from Best Rest and have always been satisfied with their products and service.  However, now the owner plans to retire and sell the company for an asking price of $400,000.  Here is the announcement:

Mr. BestRest Takes A Vacation
He Decides To Sell BestRest And Retire

I absolutely love what I do... I spend my days making and selling motorcycle gear to my fellow riders.  I've invented a lot of products over the past 18 years, almost of them 40 by my last count. My goal of making the best line of adventure motorcycle products has been achieved.

A few weeks ago I took a winter road trip with my lovely wife Judy.  We drove the RV some 3,000 miles across WA, ID, AZ, NV, & OR.  We camped, we hiked, we visited friends and family, we explored, we had fun.  As we drove those roads we talked about our future and what the next few years would look like.  Of course they'll involve riding motorcycles.

As much as I enjoy running BestRest, I enjoy spending time with Judy even more.  We want to travel and see more of the country aboard 2 wheels.  We agreed that even though I could pretty much come-and-go whenever I wanted, daily operations still require my attention and that limits my wanderings.   

So we made a decision:  It's time for Mr. BestRest to sell the Company and RETIRE.

I'm not closing BestRest or winding things down in any way (we're actually ramping things up), but I'm officially putting BestRest up for sale.  Business will continue as usual while a new owner takes my place.

The $400,000 price including all the patents, registered trademarks, product lines (including the CyclePump, BeadBrakR, and many others), distribution agreements, inventory, store fixtures, websites, domain names, and other equipment normally associated with running the Company.
The business is ready for a turn-key transition.  Where BestRest operates is up to the new owner. 98% of our sales are online thru our website, or our Amazon site, or through our domestic and international dealer network.   We have a 1,000 sq.ft. showroom plus 2,500 sq.ft. of warehouse and office space, but a new owner might want a different venue.  That's up to them.

If you're a serious buyer please contact me personally.  The Company phone number is at the bottom of this page, or you can email me: david (at) bestrestproducts (dot) com 

I'll wave at you as I ride into the sunset, with Judy by my side.  Can't get any better than that.

David Petersen
Mr. BestRest
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1