HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

G5 DELUXE

in
Members Rides

NField Gear

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 04, 2015, 06:13:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My thoughts on my Enfield  (Read 362 times)

The Old Coot

• Bulleteer
My thoughts on my Enfield
« on: July 26, 2015, 07:44:29 pm »
I broke a 1,000 miles today and I was thinking about the bike and how I like/dislike it.

1st it's been a motorcycle nothing more BUT nothing less. Other than the bent exhaust flange and battery cable failure I have no beefs with it as far as reliability goes. Some people would be bent out of shape over those faults but I take things as they come. My KLR left me standing on the side of I-675 in the rain when the wiring rubbed through and the radiator fan on my Versys took a dump at 1 year and 1 month, of course it's a one year warranty and they want $450.00 for that dinky little fan...remember E-Bay/s your friend! I found one for $16.00. So a part that was replaced and a connector that failed and I had a replacement on hand...big deal. I find it the be a fine ride and every odd bike I buy someone has been telling me It'll be nothing but trouble and I should  buy a Honda or a H-D. I'd rather walk myself than be another sheep.

The Ride! Most defiantly old school. I bought it to putt around on and just plain have fun no saddlebags or tail trunk no rack to make runs to the store. I have bikes for that I wanted a toy. And that's what I have. A very fun toy...it's a good thing. I didn't want another "Working" bike I wanted an escape to simpler times in my life. It's a "Way Back Machine" I don't mind it shakes at all. it's warm vibration not a nasty 4 banger buzz that puts my hands to sleep. I don't feel I should be running 9/10 all the time I just putt along enjoying the day.

The one thing I do hate is the saddle. after 1/2 hour I'm hurting BUT I have plans for that.

Last but certainly not least. This board and the people on make it possible to deal with any problems I run into quickly ans painlessly. When the bike started to misfire on bumps I knew what was going on and rode strait home and pulled battery finding what I knew I would. Without having the group knowledge I'd been trouble shooting for a hour or two until I found it, and the AGM is ready for pick Monday.

Coot   
2009 Kawasaki KLR, The Fat Little Pig
2012 Kawasaki Versys, Mini Me
2015 Royal Enfield C5 black, yet to be named

heloego

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2012 Royal Maroon C5 Special
Re: My thoughts on my Enfield
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 09:34:23 pm »
SO glad you're lovin' the ride, bro!  ;D

Once you find the right seat your range will be dramatically extended!  ;)
Rather than have a homeless person for the holidays, I decided to stick with ham.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
  • Go Fast & Look Good Doing It
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 10:24:50 pm »
SO glad you're lovin' the ride, bro!  ;D

Once you find the right seat your range will be dramatically extended!  ;)

Well, at least the factory seat works really well on drift trikes!  ;D  ;)

Glad you're enjoying the bike!  :)
Scottie J  ~  Bulldog Kustoms Denver  ~  1958 Enfield/Indian Trailblazer - The Blackhawk

ToesNose

• Grease Monkey
  • That goes where? Mooresville, NC
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 10:03:37 am »
Well if the seat is your only real complaint, no worries, it is easily replaced with quite a few options  ;)
"Pardon me...do you have hot sauce for this?"

2007 Suzuki LS650
2014 RE C5 Tan

medra42

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 10:58:04 am »
I have similar thoughts and I'm approaching 6k miles on my Conti.. also.. you were on I-675.. does that mean you're in the Atlanta area?

Assuming my EFI woes don't reappear I'm chalking that whole episode up to a "one in a thousand" chance of getting the one with the problem that could happen anywhere.
Soph: 2012 Bonneville T100
Padma: 2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT
Igorina: 2013 Honda CB500X

The Old Coot

• Bulleteer
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 11:06:43 am »
Nope, That is Dayton Oh, I live north of Springfield and was heading to the dealer in Kettering Oh.
2009 Kawasaki KLR, The Fat Little Pig
2012 Kawasaki Versys, Mini Me
2015 Royal Enfield C5 black, yet to be named

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 11:51:43 pm »
I still think my new 2015 model c5 seat has been changed slightly and not as good as seat to sit on as on my previous ride the  2014 tan c5 I had earlier
2011 C5 black/chrome
2012 C5 maroon/chrome 
2013 B5 black
2014 Continental gt
2014 C5 tan
2015 black/chrome awaiting delivery

2004 mazda-speed miata
2001 bmw z3 2.2
1973 triumph Daytona 500

dustystranger

• Neophyte
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 08:18:19 pm »
Pretty much have to agree with you.  Easy starting, trouble free for 12000 miles.  I am a bit over 6ft so I had to move the seat up and back about 11/2 inches.  Taking part of the seat pan hump out also helped. Then a walmart atv pad and some foam made the seat pretty good.  Going slower seems to be more fun now that I am in my 70s.

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 06:23:36 pm »
The G5 had the best seat!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

mc35803

• Neophyte
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 10:20:17 pm »
Still trying to get to 600 miles but having a ton of fun.  Looking forward to the first 1000.
photo is from Saturday morning.   Out doing what REs do best.
Miles
U.S., Russian, Indian bikes - they're all good!
Leaves me new options for Asian, European, and Brit.  :-)