Author Topic: C5 on Cafe Racer TV  (Read 1867 times)

monkey

• Scooter
on: September 13, 2011, 02:56:14 am
If you have DirecTV, check the listings on HD Theater for Cafe Racer. I believe it's on Wednesday nights (I DVR it, so I'm not 100% sure).

Regardless of which episode(s) you may catch, they're all kick-ass and you're going to see some very nice bikes.

However, if you catch the "Rev. Jim" episode, they do a comparison at the end of the episode between new retro rides (read: RE) and true vintage, but less dependable, rides. If you blink, you'll miss it, but if you prop your eyelids open Clockwork Orange style, you'll catch a nice glimpse of a teal C5 cruising in all its glory.

aikischmid

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 07:12:54 pm
Yeah I wish I had an HD TV so I could get that channel. Basic digital cable here on a basic digital TV! However, I can at least watch mini-episodes of last season's Cafe Racer TV on Youtube, played through my Wii on my tele!
It is a sweet TV show, for sure!
2011 Royal Enfield G5 Classic, British Racing Green

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 09:13:59 pm
You haven't missed anything yet. I like the show but last year they got the C5 to modify and haven't featured it yet. I hear it will be featured soon.

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 02:46:11 am
the producer told me that he thought we'd be in 6 episodes. We are waiting as well
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 03:04:09 am
Funny thing about Mike Seate, when I was reading those Harley "lifestyle" magazines he wrote for Iron Horse. They were so anti-Harley they told their readers to "flip" their bar-and-shield patches. Seems they didn't like the way H-D catered to Yuppies instead of the hardcore fans. I thought the idea of a black biker with a swastika tattoo was funny.

Later, in my Ducati phase, I ran across a magazine for stunt riders and guess who's in charge? Yep, Mike Seate. Now that Cafe bikes are cool, here he is again. What's next? Electric scooters?

I just sold my Suzuki cafe project to a neighbor down the street.