Author Topic: Build update  (Read 16171 times)

wokka

• Bulleteer
Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 10:19:40 pm
Hmm, got me thinking now,

was originally going to go for something similar to these but mounted lower

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: September 15, 2011, 11:52:33 pm
Hmm, got me thinking now,

That would work as well :D

By the way, here is an interesting link to a blog from a guy making a bobber out of his former Enfield trike :D You will note its an iron bullet with a modified hitchcock rigid frame kit. I particularly like the solution to the age old battery problem locating it low in front of the rear wheel.

http://bobthebullet.blogspot.com/

« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 12:43:00 am by GlennF »

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: September 16, 2011, 04:28:29 pm
Cool bike...I think it looks great and you needn't get too way out with the design.  Personally, I like the casquette on this one.

For a mad max look, though, if you wanted to mount a single light, maybe mount it off-center, or do side by side large and small lights using traditional style headlamps.  Such as the 5" and 3" models from Dime City (link)...

(One on each fork stanchion, using custom brackets for bottom-mount lights?)  If that'd fit...

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #20 on: September 16, 2011, 06:28:47 pm
Ya, A little too terminator

Well then I think there was a Buell with dual headlights like you posted but tiwth the addition of a screen/guard on the front.  That might do.

Scott

wokka

• Bulleteer
Reply #21 on: September 17, 2011, 05:26:08 am
Arrgh Too many options!!!!

:D

wokka

• Bulleteer
Reply #22 on: December 24, 2011, 06:10:39 am
Progress has been pretty slow, with parts taking over 8 weeks to arrive, but we're finally getting somewhere

First shot of the 8' stretched swingarm:

Was originally going to move the shock mounts back 4 inches, but then saw these atv shocks lying in the corner in my mates workshop so we threw 'em on for a giggle...

Well bugger me, they fit, they actually work on that angle (on flintstone power around the shop) and they are about 400 ways adjustable including height, damping and rebound

Riding position is much more comfortable, especially for a 100kg 6'3" bloke

With those rear shocks on, it's got me thinking again about a set of gold USD's on the front,
I'll probably bend up a section of steel in the same profile as the toolboxes and hide a smaller battery in there and delete the electric start

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #23 on: December 27, 2011, 01:34:26 pm
Looking real good.. Love the saddle...

Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

wokka

• Bulleteer
Reply #24 on: January 09, 2012, 08:48:24 pm
I don't know if it's just me and my ADD, but I keep changing my mind on this build.

Just got back from my first test ride with the 8" stretch at stock height and the mini 12" hotdog muffler (using the stock air filter as I'm still trying to work out where to put the new airbox) and it surprised the hell out of me, still tipped in well, cornered well and the rear suspension is actually quite responsive, if a little firm.

I was riding down a street in the industrial area, a little too quick and weaving to get a feel for how she turns in when I got a flash from the boys in blue (well, they wear green over here) so I slowed down and pulled up at the next lights, wondering what he was going to ping me on, the side mount plate, the loud exhaust, no front or rear fenders, speeding etc. he looked the bike over from his car, gave me a smile, a thumbs up and a "Mabrook" which translates to "you are blessed" and is used as a congratulations and then tried to race me off the lights.... Some times I love livin in the sandpit!

Now I'm liking the nacelle or headlight surround or whatever you want to call it, and it's got me looking for brass light trims and dial surrounds, I'm also trying to find amber lenses for the running lights and will delete the front LED turn signals and re-run the flasher unit to use the running lights instead.
Also thinking about flipping the bars to lower the look even further.

I'll head out for a ride to the stables in the next coupla weeks and see if I can find a saddlier (?) who can do some emboss and braiding work for the seat

Anyway, ramble ramble, thats enough for tonight

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #25 on: January 09, 2012, 08:52:39 pm
Nice!

Keep the nacelle if you can, it's the signature piece of the whole bike.

Scott

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 02:45:33 am

Now I'm liking the nacelle or headlight surround or whatever you want to call it, and it's got me looking for brass light trims and dial surrounds, I'm also trying to find amber lenses for the running lights and will delete the front LED turn signals and re-run the flasher unit to use the running lights instead.
Also thinking about flipping the bars to lower the look even further.

I'll head out for a ride to the stables in the next coupla weeks and see if I can find a saddlier (?) who can do some emboss and braiding work for the seat

Anyway, ramble ramble, thats enough for tonight

Going steam punk ?? If you are intending to do a lot of smallish brass items may be worth investing in something like this ...

http://www.caswellplating.com.au/plug_N_plate.html

also ...............

Amber pilot lights ...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-ROYAL-ENFIELD-PAIR-ORANGE-PILOT-LIGHTS-CHROME-RIMS-/250749230504?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3a61d19da8

brass pilot light rims ...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ROYAL-ENFIELD-NEW-BRASS-PILOT-LIGHTS-RIMS-PAIR-/260784233886?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3cb7f39d9e

wokka

• Bulleteer
Reply #27 on: January 10, 2012, 04:37:56 am

St. Beardface

• Scooter
Reply #28 on: January 27, 2012, 03:48:22 am
nice, just ordered a pair of the amber pilot lights.

you have an amazing project going. your bike was the inspiration for what i've done so far on mine.

keep up the good work.

wokka

• Bulleteer
Reply #29 on: March 03, 2012, 09:07:52 pm
I'm stuck, I've been flipping back and forth between swapping to a mono shock rear or keep the twins....

I would mount from one of the swing arm braces to the bar that runs under the seat after I beef it up a little.

I drop it in next week, looks like I'll just flip a coin